• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS USAF Fighter And Bomber Crews Get Modified M4 Rifles That Fit Under Ejection Seats

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And people think the Serpa holster is bad.
That thing has a reputation that is way overblown, IMO, at least having used one in the past. I know a bunch of big names ban them from their courses, but it seems to me that if you ND with a Serpa, you have other trigger finger discipline issues it's just highlighting.

My M17 wears a Safariland ALS/SLS, but still.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
That thing has a reputation that is way overblown, IMO, at least having used one in the past. I know a bunch of big names ban them from their courses, but it seems to me that if you ND with a Serpa, you have other trigger finger discipline issues it's just highlighting.

Roger. Somewhere in a firearms thread here, I posted a pic of a new Serpa for my Glock 19. The response was fairly immediate. I hadn’t known about the issues before buying - and my biggest concern was that shooting ranges would not allow use of a Serpa for shooting practice. I traded it in for a Safariland, which I like better.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

I never understood people’s issue with the serpa. I used a Serpa on my M-11 for a decade, on my belt on my right hip in the helicopter. Also wore it while JTAC-ing and rolling around in dirt and through brush, etc, and never had any of the so-called issues I’ve heard about. Hell, I even once took my serpa and poured sand all over it because I heard it could cause the release button to stick, no issues.

Someone who blames a ND on their holster probably also blames their gun for shooting poorly.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My USP Compact .40 loves it's issued Safariland 737 7TS ALS. Never carried my SIG 228 is a level three holster. Well, I suppose the tac vest holster with a clip latched flap I wore for my flying LE gig was technically level three.