• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAA Renter's Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundersquid

pilot
Did you know that USAA Renter's Insurance covers the food you lost after the hurricane? You don't have to meet your deductible either. Anyway, I didn't know this so if you have USAA for renter's insurance and you were in Pensacola for the hurricane you can claim the food you lost in your refrigerator.

Grant

USAA is great. I have my homeowners policy and auto insurance through them. Thank God my dad works there, or else I wouldnt be eligible.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I worked with a LCDR (O-4) that had his Golf Clubs left on the BOAT by accident (working party forgot to load them) and when he went back to get his clubs, they were gone. USAA covered the replacement cost of his clubs because of his home owners policy. Cna you say PINGS. Great company!
ea6bflyr

SFgirl

About USAA eligibility... HOPEFULLY I will be able to get it on my own soon, but if, say, an immediate family member (like father) did a tour of duty in the Coast Guard way back when, would that make me eligible to sign up for USAA now? I have heard varying things...

Grant

SFgirl said:
About USAA eligibility... HOPEFULLY I will be able to get it on my own soon, but if, say, an immediate family member (like father) did a tour of duty in the Coast Guard way back when, would that make me eligible to sign up for USAA now? I have heard varying things...

I dont believe so. I think the only way you'd be eligible is if your father currently has USAA insurance AND he still claims you as a dependent. The way I got USAA insurance is that my dad works there, and he claims me as a dependent (since I'm a fulltime college student), I was eligible for insurance policies of my own. Supposedly, once you're covered by USAA, you're eligible for life.

Also, I dont know how old you are, but I believe that my dad once said that USAA wont acknowledge dependency claims of children over the age of 23.

From what I remember, the USAA website kinda sucks. If you can find a phone number on there, give them a call. I'd rather talk to a person than deal with an automated system anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.