• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USA Politics Thunderdome

robav8r

D-FENS
None
Contributor
Fair. I’ll keep that in mind the next time I hear Pete Buttigieg referred to as a “just reservist fobbit.”
Fair as well . . . . . . I just think everyone’s service should be respected for what it is. Imagine the state of our country if everyone was compelled to serve in some manner? I’m preaching to the choir, I know . . . . .

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Fair as well . . . . . . I just think everyone’s service should be respected for what it is. Imagine the state of our country if everyone was compelled to serve in some manner? I’m preaching to the choir, I know . . . . .
A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility.

:p

wink

VS NFO. Blue and Gold Officer
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I think you might want to listen, there isn't anything wrong with listening," Trump continued. "If somebody called from a country, Norway, [and said] ‘we have information on your opponent' -- oh, I think I'd want to hear it."

Quote from Trump's interview with ABC

He really hasn't learned anything has he?
Let's drill down a bit for clarity. Is all negative opinfo untouchable regardless of the truth of the matter? Assuming the negative info is true and accurate, would it be ok to use it from a domestic source as is rampant in all campaigns? Or, is it only bad if it comes from a foreign source? And then, is it ok if the foreign source is a legal resident and the dirt is domestically sourced? What about info of a foreign origin but from allies vs competitors such as China and Iran?

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Let's drill down a bit for clarity. Is all negative opinfo untouchable regardless of the truth of the matter? Assuming the negative info is true and accurate, would it be ok to use it from a domestic source as is rampant in all campaigns? Or, is it only bad if it comes from a foreign source? And then, is it ok if the foreign source is a legal resident and the dirt is domestically sourced? What about info of a foreign origin but from allies vs competitors such as China and Iran?
Ok, so then regardless of where the info came from, would you then report it to the FBI? As has been requested from the FBI, and done by candidates in the past? Because Trump says he won't....

wink

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, so then regardless of where the info came from, would you then report it to the FBI? As has been requested from the FBI, and done by candidates in the past? Because Trump says he won't....
With respect, this is why I try not to post here. I tried to make my question non-partisan because I truly want to know where the line is for people. Negative ads and opinfo of all types are not appreciated by the voting public, but everyone does it because it can be effective. But still, there is a gulf between pointing out voting records, lack of experience or a DUI and doctoring videos or misquoting a candidate.

If all you are interested in is hating on Trump, say so. I have no hidden agenda. Not going to secretly place a MAGA sticker on your car.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
With respect, this is why I try not to post here. I tried to make my question non-partisan because I truly want to know where the line is for people. Negative ads and opinfo of all types are not appreciated by the voting public, but everyone does it because it can be effective. But still, there is a gulf between pointing out voting records, lack of experience or a DUI and doctoring videos or misquoting a candidate.

If all you are interested in is hating on Trump, say so. I have no hidden agenda. Not going to secretly place a MAGA sticker on your car.
But what you're playing at is just another version of hypothetical whataboutism. We just witnessed President "No Collusion" Trump tell the American public that he would collude with a foreign nation if he thought it could influence the results of the 2020 election in his favor. That's a clear cut example of something that would absolutely not be ok.

wink

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But what you're playing at is just another version of hypothetical whataboutism. We just witnessed President "No Collusion" Trump tell the American public that he would collude with a foreign nation if he thought it could influence the results of the 2020 election in his favor. That's a clear cut example of something that would absolutely not be ok.
Negative. Just looking for spefics because I think there are differences among the various dirt gathering and distribution scenarios. Since everything comes back to Trump with you and you can't have an agnostic discussion, I will bow out.

The Thunderdome disappoints again.