• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UPT Gouge for Vance AFB

brianpnichols

pilot
Finished training at Vance AFB in the T-37 and T-1 for a fixed wing qualification after flying helicopters for the Navy for 11 years. I wrote some pretty good study guides for UPT if anyone is interested.

brianpnichols

pilot
It's not easy unless you know someone already in the unit. Not that it's easy, then, either, but you have a better chance. Being from the state that the unit is in helps a lot. I was able to get in with a unit from Maine without being from there, but it was much more difficult. Judging from your picture, it looks like you flew Navy 60's. To fly fixed wing in the guard, you'd probably have to go through Air Force flight training before going to the rag (RTU for Air Force people) to fly with the guard unit. If you need more info, send me an e-mail.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hopefully we'll be getting a seperate forum going here if John will ever answer my PM, so more of this info can be passed along. As for getting "in." I've heard mixed things. If you hit it off w/ the unit, it can be easier than you might think, based of what buds have told me.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
gatordev said:
Hopefully we'll be getting a seperate forum going here if John will ever answer my PM, so more of this info can be passed along. As for getting "in." I've heard mixed things. If you hit it off w/ the unit, it can be easier than you might think, based of what buds have told me.
Oh for the love of god.... I am on leave, and a fellow JO is tasking me!! Oh the agony!!!

Ok, I got your hint, don't make me have Zab put coal in your stocking, or just friggin' hit you with it....

Brian, welcome to the site, got your email... I will set up a place for you to upload, and get back to you.

John

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
webmaster said:
Oh for the love of god.... I am on leave, and a fellow JO is tasking me!! Oh the agony!!!
Being HSL, gatordev does hang around shoes a lot. Maybe it's starting to effect him? :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'll have you know that I'm currently surrounded by Marines and P-3 dorks. Infer as required.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
gatordev said:
I'll have you know that I'm currently surrounded by Marines and P-3 dorks. Infer as required.
That you are now hanging out with a better breed of people? Hopefully they will be able to help you get rid of any shoe crap you might have accumulated while attached to a ship.

(Just giving you some of that HSL love you continually complain is missing...:D )

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HH-60H said:
That's nothing, I have to work in an office full of submariners.
WHAT?!?! That was MY claim to shame!!!

Well, at least misery has company... or whatever that saying is...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
That you are now hanging out with a better breed of people? Hopefully they will be able to help you get rid of any shoe crap you might have accumulated while attached to a ship.

(Just giving you some of that HSL love you continually complain is missing...:D )

I really want to use Punk's owl, but it's too soon.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
WHAT?!?! That was MY claim to shame!!!

Well, at least misery has company... or whatever that saying is...

Oh, that's right, I forgot you do too. Isn't it miserable?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HH-60H said:
Oh, that's right, I forgot you do too. Isn't it miserable?
Yes, yes it is.... some memorable quotes that you may recognize:

"Did you use the checklist?"

"Have you put in your 12 hours today?"

"We will be holding a critique of your actions at 1200 today."

"Why are you going home early? Its only 1630!!"

"Show me where that is in the instruction/manual..."

... and the list goes on....