• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I wonder if that includes schools like the one on the bases? Again any help is great since I cant call Ed until tomorrow.

Those are extended campuses. Cross town affiliates are schools which host/or get hosted by an NROTC unit.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
What exactly do you mean by "get hosted"?

If the school doesn't have a unit, they get hosted by another school that has one. For example, a I have some friends that go to JU and UNF. One of the schools doesn't have a unit (I can't remember which one) and the school without one gets hosted by the school that has one. They are cross town affiliates, not extended campuses.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
If the school doesn't have a unit, they get hosted by another school that has one. For example, a I have some friends that go to JU and UNF. One of the schools doesn't have a unit (I can't remember which one) and the school without one gets hosted by the school that has one. They are cross town affiliates, not extended campuses.

Seems to make sense. I am going to a cross town school. I just don't think I have ever heard it put the way you did. It is more like I am part of the NROTC unit, but enrolled at another school.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I guess my question would be could I take part in a school located at a base or bases as long as I was in an NROTC unit located at another school?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I guess my question would be could I take part in a school located at a base or bases as long as I was in an NROTC unit located at another school?

Well my question to you is why would you want to go to school on base instead of on campus? :confused:

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
The bases offer 8 week classes and are cheaper. I could finish faster and not pay as much out of pocket, while living in my house rather then having to worry about all these things at once.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor

Not if the school at the base is an extended campus. For example, I had a bunch of credits at ERAU, owned a house, and wanted to finish up at NAS JAX. I told STA-21 that I would attend the NROTC at JU/UNF. STA-21 told me to pack sand, and that I couldn't attend an extended campus, so off to the main campus I went. I think part of the reason is that extended campuses don't know their class schedules to far ahead of time, and STA-21 needs that warm and fuzzy about the 3 year /36 month or less completion time. Sometimes one might have to wait a couple of semesters for a required class to roll around at extended campus.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Jusmch thanks for the info. I called ED today and found out the same info. I am very disappointed but this problem is not going to stop me from doing what I have dreamed about for years. I have a lot of credits with ERAU so I am going to try to do it that way, but also start applying to other schools to see if I can get accepted and all the information to the STA-21 office before I leave.

Again thanks for the info and help.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Anyone looking to apply for the FY09 cycle that has more specific questions regarding what to expect at BOOST/NSI can post up here or PM me and I'll do my best to answer them. I should be able to field just about any question you might have since I've just finsihed BOOST and am well into the NSI portion...

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
BOOST fy09

From what I understand the only uniforms I need to take will be the new working uniform and my Dress Blues. Is the new Navy PT gear required for NSI/Boost or is it casual dress?

I would like to drive to NSI/Boost since I will be there so long. Is that a problem?

Boost is 3 months, NSI is also 3 months correct?

Thanks for the help!

k_smittay

From what I understand the only uniforms I need to take will be the new working uniform and my Dress Blues. Is the new Navy PT gear required for NSI/Boost or is it casual dress?

I would like to drive to NSI/Boost since I will be there so long. Is that a problem?

Boost is 3 months, NSI is also 3 months correct?

Thanks for the help!

Yes you will be there a little over 6 months. If you can drive I would highly suggest it. I brought my truck with me, and I am very happy that I did. Sucks being stuck around Newport all the time.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
Yes you will be there a little over 6 months. If you can drive I would highly suggest it. I brought my truck with me, and I am very happy that I did. Sucks being stuck around Newport all the time.

Whats the weather like? I'd like to throw my Harley in the back of the truck but I don't want the hassle of driving cross country with it if Its gonna rain or snow the whole time

ELT(SS)

Last year it went like this; february 18th through april 16th was freezing ass cold. It was bout 20-45, but with a constant 15-40mph wind coming off of the water. Then 2 days before we graduated it got up to 70 and gorgeous. It will rain and snow a lot until the summer. The summers in that area are usually decent. Hot, humid, mosquitoey. The area is beautiful though, so I would bring it, especially if you have a garage for it.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Whats the weather like? I'd like to throw my Harley in the back of the truck but I don't want the hassle of driving cross country with it if Its gonna rain or snow the whole time

I wouldn't bother with the bike, it will get trashed. The salt air there will eat the chrome, and you won't have the time to wash it. Not to mention that you will be driving cross country at a time when there could be some shitty snow, and have all of the salt from the roads just adding to it. That is if you go there in February.