• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unorthodox Excercises

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Crossfit! Try it. I have gained about 15lbs of lean muscle over the last few months on crossfit routines.

BoaViking

Red patch, death patch
Im going to jump on the CrossFit bandwagon as well.. Ive been doing it for a month and there's no doubt itll get me in shape for Marine OCS. The Marines and Navy SEALS love CrossFit, and you should too!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Im going to jump on the CrossFit bandwagon as well.. Ive been doing it for a month and there's no doubt itll get me in shape for Marine OCS. The Marines and Navy SEALS love CrossFit, and you should too!

Just don't break yourself before you get there.

I didn't do much crossfit prior to showing up for OCS. Just running, pushups, pullups, abs/core work and making sure to have lots of recovery time. I did fine.

A lot of people got dropped around week 6 because they overtrained and OCS literally broke their bodies. Stress fractured feet, shin splints, torn up shoulders and knees were are "common".

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I too am a crossfit fan, though I'm not as regular about it as I ought to be...

Just be careful, it's easy to throw yourself into it because it's pretty fun - but you can easily over do it if you don't listen to your body.