• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultimate Fitness Thread

Seniuram

I’ve made this thread because I see a lot of questions about fitness in the other threads. Please post your fitness questions here or share the workouts you have been doing.

I was given a “Prep for OCS” book that has a 10 week preparation workout in the back. I have not done it so I cannot say if it helps or not. Photos are posted below. If you need any descriptions of what it’s asking (it gives descriptions on the other 30 pages) PM me and I’ll get back to you.B36467BC-000E-4312-8C56-00E39D744F8C.jpeg33AE88C8-6637-430B-84A6-E4F8AFC37E4E.jpegDA212F2C-51ED-4FC4-9A6C-5FC843BF358C.jpeg58D81F32-6360-490F-9C08-2AC93F8470FC.jpegBE8BDA96-462E-4F07-8578-C4C0D60856C3.jpeg

Booley

Nice! Thanks man.

I can personally attest to Stew Smith's stuff. He's a former SEAL and hosts free group workouts in the Annapolis area. He has a bunch of workout books, I have the "PFT Bible" book. Roughly $16 bucks for a 6-8 week plan that also includes tips for cardio, pft test taking, stretching, nutrition, etc. He's a great guy, if you're from the area I highly recommend training with him!

https://www.stewsmithfitness.com/collections/ebooks-military-fitness-related

AJAR ET

Nice! Thanks man.

I can personally attest to Stew Smith's stuff. He's a former SEAL and hosts free group workouts in the Annapolis area. He has a bunch of workout books, I have the "PFT Bible" book. Roughly $16 bucks for a 6-8 week plan that also includes tips for cardio, pft test taking, stretching, nutrition, etc. He's a great guy, if you're from the area I highly recommend training with him!

How do you sign up for the Annapolis workouts? Have you tried it?

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

I like his Push-Up and Pull-Ups app. For Running I'm just doing C25K (my cardio is fine, just getting my shins back into it) then aiming for 25-30 miles/week with 1 day of speed work.

That C25K app is funny. There's a point in the fifth week where it goes from segmented running/walking to running 2 miles straight the next day, which I don't know is something your average couch potato could do after just several weeks.

Getting back into proper running after several years is tough, but I've found a mix of 10-mile elliptical workouts and 2-3 mile runs plus sprints here and there through the week to work for me. I lift weights and furniture regularly, so I've found too much running on top of that to be a great way to pull/injure something.

aribjc

Nice! Thanks man.

Second this, although I bought the marine OCS prep one. I'd post it here but that's probably frowned upon since he sells these workouts, but they're well worth the money

abctotheabc

What does it mean when it says "Flexibility - Recovery Stretch"? I've been pushing to get back into the hang of things as I've definitely been a couch potato for a while and used to run pretty well maybe a year or two ago. I dropped from a 1.5 in 22 minutes to 16 minutes in a week (definitely still have a couple months before OCS though so I'm sure I'll hit my desired area before then).

Seniuram

What does it mean when it says "Flexibility - Recovery Stretch"? I've been pushing to get back into the hang of things as I've definitely been a couch potato for a while and used to run pretty well maybe a year or two ago. I dropped from a 1.5 in 22 minutes to 16 minutes in a week (definitely still have a couple months before OCS though so I'm sure I'll hit my desired area before then).
Just stretching. They give a bunch of examples of stretching but just go online and look up good stretches. You should be stretching before and after every workout. It prevents injury and promotes growth.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
That C25K app is funny. There's a point in the fifth week where it goes from segmented running/walking to running 2 miles straight the next day, which I don't know is something your average couch potato could do after just several weeks.
Big mistake people make with C25K is ramping up the pace just because its only a 2 minute or 5 minute run. Just take it easy. The goal of the program is getting you to a 30min 5k which is a super easy pace. Like I said, I'm doing it mainly as a way to add volume to my shins over time.

123spacego

I've been using the Nike Training Club and Nike Run Club apps for a few weeks now. I've seen a lot of improvement strength wise from the Nike Training Club workouts. It adjusts your plans and workouts based on your improvement, which is cool. My running improvement has not been as rapid but I can do a 5k in 30min and be happy about it.

Thank you for the post! I have been using the Navy DEP training plan (it does have a very long possible timeline so keep that in mind if you check it out), and I have seen fairly steady improvement. From the initial post, is the "Strength and Circuit" just the pushups and situps listed on the next line, or is there additional work (such as calisthenics) that are recommended? Also workout #1 and workout #2, are those separate workouts included or just do more situps and pushups?