• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UAVs, not just an Air Force gig anymore

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
For the Triton, it will be MPRA shore duty at lest according to the Triton FIT.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
First BAMS-D pilot was a P-3 guy. They used winged aviators, just like the Air Force did during testing. Not sure what the long term plan is but my spidey sense is telling me this could be a path for VP community non screen/OP-T DH pilots. The community has been kind of quiet on how manning these new squadrons will be accomplished.

Somewhat related, but for a while the guy who had the most hours of P-8 time was a COD guy.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The AF is testing out putting AIM-9X and AIM-12oD on Reapers now. The End is nigh!

jmcquate

Contributor
The AF is testing out putting AIM-9X and AIM-12oD on Reapers now. The End is nigh!
AIM-120 makes sense, but an AIM-9? Seems like that whole ACM as an art form thingy can be boiled down to a few 100,000 lines of code.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
AIM-120 makes sense, but an AIM-9? Seems like that whole ACM as an art form thingy can be boiled down to a few 100,000 lines of code.

Not really a discussion that can go any further here, but -9X brings a lot of capability to defend oneself if you need to. Just because you don't have any aircrew aboard doesn't change that.

jmcquate

Contributor
Not really a discussion that can go any further here, but -9X brings a lot of capability to defend oneself if you need to. Just because you don't have any aircrew aboard doesn't change that.
I know. It was a flippant post. Watching my Browns suck again on MNF puts me in a bad mood. 9X off bore-site can be quite useful.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT, PADDLES. "FAIR" ON A MOVLAS!? IM A FUCKING ROBOT!
20100204104618!Terminator.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this the bow-wave of commanders pushing back and saying we can no-longer "do more with less?"

This isn't the first time the USAF has pushed back like this, it is only this time that it has made the news. From my perch a few years ago the USAF was much better at saying 'Enough!' than any other service, justified or not, while the Navy was the worst.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
This isn't the first time the USAF has pushed back like this, it is only this time that it has made the news. From my perch a few years ago the USAF was much better at saying 'Enough!' than any other service, justified or not, while the Navy was the worst.
Quite true, especially if you consider the Marines part of the Navy component. We have "leaders" who want their battle star promotion, throwing our people and equipment into the fray to support silly requirements that we made up for ourselves (2.0 carrier requirement, etc). No isn't in their vocabulary, even when it is warranted.
The best skipper I ever had in the Navy had the balls to stand up and say "enough". He retired after that skipper tour.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quite true, especially if you consider the Marines part of the Navy component....

The stuff I dealt with didn't include the Marines, fortunately or unfortunately.

The Navy's inability to say no, coupled with our shipbuilding issues along with sequestration and other budget issues is going to leave us a bit hobbled if things don't change soon.