• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TX vs MS?

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
I'm gonna put in another vote for Meridian. Loved my time there. Granted I'm from Atlanta and went to Auburn(which is by far more fun than T-town).

PRs were great, IPs rocked, never had an issue with jet availability, NOLA, Pcola, ATL, Auburn, BHam, and no one mentions Memphis are all within an easy drive. Downtown Meridian had some sketch areas but northern Meridian was not all that bad. If I did it over again I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Rico

Meridian. Even heading down to Bonita Lakes would remind me why I put it down over KVegas.

ElFuego

What is this, a school for ants?
Rog.

Got word today that KVille is no longer a PCS(due to budget), so no DLA and you have to move yourself. This kinda helps with the choice. I hear the MS is nice this time of year.

Thanks for the info.

ElFuego

By the way, if anyone knows anyone with a house for rent on the lake, hook a brotha up!

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Maintenance is lights out on making sure you have jets. I have NEVER cancelled for availability of aircraft. If your jet shits itself on deck you get a new one.

Boy, do I miss Meridian maintenance. Enjoy it while you can and the fleet isn't knocking on the door for T-45 parts and jets.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Rog.

Got word today that KVille is no longer a PCS(due to budget), so no DLA and you have to move yourself. This kinda helps with the choice. I hear the MS is nice this time of year.

Thanks for the info.

Who did you hear that from?

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Got word today that KVille is no longer a PCS(due to budget), so no DLA and you have to move yourself..

Shenanigans_Pub_LogoBlack.jpg

Two buddies of mine got KRock. From Vance. One each the past two weeks. Sounds like a PCS to me.

BrittO

pilot
As everybody learns in their time in the Navy, what you get/ where you go is 99 percent needs of the navy. Sure you get a dream sheet and the powers that be will try to accommodate desires, but even if you are the number one guy/gal there are no guarantees.
On a side note..I just checked into kingsville as an IP and in my ground school class there were only 2 navy studs...read into that what you want.

ElFuego

Sorry, didn't clarify the "non-PCS" is from Corpus only. We were told by our Senior Marine. Shenanigans for sure!

ElFuego

And to clarify, it's only considered a "non-PCS" for Marines only. Don't worry Navy studs.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
On a side note..I just checked into kingsville as an IP and in my ground school class there were only 2 navy studs...read into that what you want.

When did you get winged? It seems like it was only a year or so ago. I guess time flies.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
And to clarify, it's only considered a "non-PCS" for Marines only. Don't worry Navy studs.

That may be true, but its worth fact checking through another avenue if you can.

When I finished primary the MATSG at Corpus told me that there was a new policy that they wouldn't buy me an airplane ticket to go to CFIT in Lemoore, CA. They said I had to drive my vehicle out there, and get reimbursed the mileage. They ended up misinterpreting the document and the next week were buying guys tickets to fly out to Lemoore. Three days straight of driving 8 hours before the centrifuge was do-able but not my favorite.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

So what kind of orders would you get if they are not PCS? Yes you are still staying with MASTSG-22, but my orders said to report to MATSG-22 for further assigning to Training Wing 2..... for a period in excess of 20 weeks. It's not like you are headed across the field like the helo guys at Whiting, you are going more than 50 miles- unless they won't make you live in Kingsville. Then that is another story. And it should be brought up. "Hey sir, if I don't get PCS orders does that mean I can still live in Corpus even though I'm a student in Kingsville?"

You shouldn't have to DITY move your stuff on your own dime. I can't believe a CO would let that happen. I am young enough and new enough that I don't want to believe a CO would let that happen.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Crapus Crusti and Krapville suck ass. I live in one and fly in the other. But I'm an IP, as a stud, shouldn't matter, you're there for a short time and off you go. Except for a few SERGRADS of course. I'm thinking it's like choosing between Coke and Pepsi.