• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tricare

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

Kycntryboy said:
Anybodyelse having trouble getting incorporated into Tricare?

You bet. My recruiter didn't really want to take the time to tell me how everything worked, and I didn't understand all the online stuff. So I just stayed on my parents health insurance until I went through OCS. It's much easier if you can.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
yeah, my recruiter was just like "You need to register for Tri-Care online" and that is all he told me. I have good health insurance through my parents.... but I'd still like to register.

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
That's all my recruiter told me...I went and got filled out the online form and mailed it in. I had to ask my recruiter for some information (unit of assignment information). I just mailed it last week, so I have no idea what happens from here, but filling out the form didn't take much. Just do a google search for Tricare and it should come up with the information you need.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tricare is great, GET ENROLLED. They pay all medical expenses that you may incur. I didn't expect to have much to worry about but sometimes you get things in life you don't expect. Tricare has paid out a ton of money on my behalf and there is zero personal responsibility. Get off of you parents' policy and get your own, you will definitely save them money. It takes some effort on your part but it's well worth it.

All you do is fill out the Tricare enrollment form that your recruiter should give you. You'll get a Tricare insurance card, and when presented with an active duty ID card you get free medical care. The one catch is that you have to go to a doctor who particapates in the Tricare network. Call the 1-800 number for Tricare (on the enrollment form) and they can answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.