• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transoceanic HF Use

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Isnt the new hotness to get “texts” from ATC and HF is just a backup? Did the navy not buy that option on its P8s?

CPDLC is money. You log in before going oceanic and all position reports are automatically sent the entire way. They send you frequencies and route information via the box. You make requests (speed, altitude changes) via the box. The only thing you do with HFs is check in and get SELCAL checks. Can’t believe the P-8s don’t have it.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
To clarify, we have weather radar and a mission screen up in the cockpit but we can't overlay the weather radar. The guys in the back can look at the radar in certain modes but it is a separate window from the other mission screens. We have SA but it is lacking.

Every one of these posts makes me think the P-8 is as fucked as a football bat. This is my shocked face.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C-40s are also funded by the reserves, so....
. . . they can't use it unless each individual aircrew member first routes a SAAR-N form through their NOSC to some random approving authority AND recertifies their IAA training and "Talking Professionally on the Radio" GMT, only to have the NOSC either lose or fuck up half of them at least once, and then put 15 percent of the people who submitted it on a dink list for not having submitted it?