• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transition from Primary

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Or is it? But it doesn't matter because it's not worth it. Unless of course you do it than it is worth it.

Renegade One

None
Well, no chance of flying with an NFO. Not sure if that's a positive or a negative. ;)

Yeah…if you wanna do that…go do that. It's all good. Some of the hardest "Naval Aviation" stuff there is...

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
I had 6 months off between off between primary and the HT's. I drank a lot, screwed my wife a lot, went to New Orleans a lot. Forgot a lot (nearly all) of the T-34 stuff. The instructors taught me how to fly the -57. I have wings so I guessed it worked out...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
NFOs don't exist in any platform that can hover, so that's definitely a positive.
Definitely a positive, NFOs don't have to worry about flying with pilots from the lower portions of the bell curve. You know the ones, they didn't get jet grades.... :cool:

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Definitely a positive, NFOs don't have to worry about flying with pilots from the lower portions of the bell curve. You know the ones, they didn't get jet grades.... :cool:

Are you forgetting that the P-3C carries a lot more NFOs than a Jet? I mean those guys out of Corpus only needed like a 20NSS and they were P-3C bound. :eek:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Are you forgetting that the P-3C carries a lot more NFOs than a Jet? I mean those guys out of Corpus only needed like a 20NSS and they were P-3C bound. :eek:
I would guess there are more pilots with jet grades that ask for P-3s than there are pilots with jet grades that ask for helos. Just sayin'.....
cheers.gif

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would guess there are more pilots with jet grades that ask for P-3s than there are pilots with jet grades that ask for helos. Just sayin'.....
cheers.gif

Interestingly, that was not the case during my period at the TRACOM. As with everything else, I think it cycled, but P-3s weren't sought after. I think part of that may have been the glut of P-3 IPs we had at the time (there were almost no Navy helo IPs wing-wide at KNSE and even fewer Navy jet guys) and the dissatisfaction with their community at the time. From what I recall from reading here, P-3s started to swing back into favor after I left.