• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transition from Primary

scubasteve38

I'm thinking about going the helo route and was wondering how hard it was the transition from primary to advanced. I feel it would be like kind of starting all over again since a helicopter is a whole different animal.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well, since the helicopter training pipeline is so new, there's not really a whole lot anyone can tell you about what it will be like. There are just so few people who've successfully made the switch, it's impossible for anyone to provide meaningful feedback...or really, any tips, tricks or standardized instruction.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The helo aero is different, but you should have a strong foundation in IFR/VFR flying, what's expected of you as a student, and naval aviation in general. Believing that you will be "starting over" is a poor perspective and one that should be forgotten.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
altogether-1.jpg

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
"The hospital...what is it?"

"It's a large building filled with patients but that's not important right now..."

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I'm lost... Would you guys say that flying helos is somewhat different than fixed wing flying?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
It's real easy...do as well as you can. Leave it all on the floor so to speak. When they ask for your choices, put down the thing you really hoped for a chance to fly when you first thought it would be cool to fly. Find what you love in whatever you get. The end.

They are all worth it.