• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

transferring to pilot

Chris94

CWO selected
I'm just curious and slightly worried about not being selected for a pilot once I'm done with NROTC. My question is that what is the likely hood that you can reapply and be accepted for a pilot slot if you are selected for something else? Is it hard to transfer from NFO to pilot?
thanks

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Fair question. The answer is it depends on the needs of the community you select into (aka are they willing to release you to become a pilot) and the needs of the pilot community at the time. NFO to pilot transitions aren't uncommon, but are small in number (depends on the NFO community leaving) and highly competitive. Over the past few years they've averaged about one SWO to Pilot a year when they select them, and they don't select them every year (you ship CO, your Detailer and your SWO community manager must all sign off on it if I remember correctly).

Do your best in NROTC- Meaning don't be a Dbag MIDN who gets in trouble with the command, does poorly PT wise and doesn't involve themselves because they're too cool for BN activities. Also do your best in school academically.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
What Zippy said. Do the best you can in school, don't blow off BN stuff, be decent at PT, but don't be a toolbag either. Your GPA is always going to have the heaviest impact on your immediate future. Do everything you can now to be in good shape to select pilot or NFO. Sure transitions are possible, but it's better to avoid them altogether.