• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Ten Fitness Questions by an expert

el douge

This one time at band camp...
Thank you for that post. I'm just starting to train for the PRT and the info was very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
You can tell it's written by a SEAL/military member.

Half of the answers are two sentences long and say something to the effect of "You can do whatever you want. I do it this way."

Good read, though.

phrogpilot73

Stew Smith was a company officer when I was at the Academy. Now he's a personal trainer/author. PSW and I used his personal training program (www.stewsmith.com), it's $300 for 12 weeks and he writes personalized workouts for you, as well as provides diet recommendations. The more feedback you give, the better your workouts will be.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Here is my $300 advice for people trying to lose a little weight for weigh-in......eat a salad, run faster :D

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
Here is my $300 advice for people trying to lose a little weight for weigh-in......eat a salad, run faster :D

So I don't want to be this guy before a PRT? Aw crap.

biggest-burger-small.jpg

Thanks for the link, Heyjoe. I've been using his "take two minutes off your PRT time". It's kind of "well, duh", but it's nice to have it written down in a program.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Stew Smith is awesome! I have used his workouts for the past 6 months now and I am in the best shape of my life.

Pags

N/A
pilot

One of the best workout "programs" I've ever seen written down was:

-Run 3mi fast (not getting tired while running? run faster. run up some hills, etc)
-100 pushups
-100 pullups
-100 situps

Best weight loss advice:

EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.

utak

Stew Smith's one-on-one programs were really helpful. When I met him, he helped refine my sidestroke and got my swim times down. If you have certain strengths and weaknesses he will write you a personal PT schedule tailored for your needs.

Zissou

Banned
Mr.Smith is good people. When he left the Nav to be yet another Frog doing fitness videos he was the butt of many jokes. Mostly due to envy of course. He took it all in stride.

But his videos have helped alot of young people get in shape, he's mentored many youngsters in preparation for BUD/S. And he is of course a staunch supporter of SOWF and frogfriends ....

He's done a valuable service to alot of people.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the best workout "programs" I've ever seen written down was:

-Run 3mi fast (not getting tired while running? run faster. run up some hills, etc)
-100 pushups
-100 pullups
-100 situps

Best weight loss advice:

EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.

100 pullups???

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Crossfit's "Murph" workout, in honor of LT Michael Murphy is:

1 mile
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile

Obviously most people can't do 100 consecutive pullups, but the idea is to knock them out as quickly as possible.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Stew Smith used to come to the pool and help some of the guys that were trying for SEALs at the academy. I knocked more time off my combat side stroke in a couple hours one Saturday with him then I did in months on my own. He has a genuine desire to help people and it shows. In the little time I was around him I thought he was a pretty cool dude.