• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

exNavyOffRec

Seriously? I don't mean that facetiously, I'm genuinely curious. I figured the only realistic thing about Down Periscope was that we have subs. And Lauren Holly was quite attractive.

clothes being shrunk in the laundry? yep all the time
greasing ladders? yep
greasing sound powered phones? yep
questionable food? yep
equipment being made to work somehow with questionable methods because the USN is cheap? yep
shooting firehoses at people on watch? yep (both the giver and recipient in my case)
entire watch team drunk or hungover on watch? yep
tattoo on dick? with some of the guys I served with back in the early 90's, probable....

GroundPounder

I can't argue with the fact that TC is a lucrative Hollywood brand. He's done some great movies, and a few stinkers. But I'll never be a fan of his. I'll watch Topgun 2 because I was in flight school when Topgun 1 came out. I'll try to stomach his scenes and do my best not to let Scientology affect my enjoying the movie.

The dude is seriously weird, just for being associated with that "religion". May as well be a Jedi Knight.
I detect an SP. And in order to KSW TC will be discconecting from you.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
I had a buddy in High School who's now a Drone Flyer for ANG and we went to all the Tom Cruise movies together. The hilarious part was that after every, and mean every movie, my buddy wanted to be Tom Cruises character...except for Rainman and Born on the 4th of July.

TG1: I wanna be a Naval Aviator and fly inverted (Me: yup, that's cool)
Color of Money: I wanna be a pool hustler (Me: Palm,forehead)
Cocktail: I wanna be a bartender (Me: palm, his forehead)
Days of Thunder: I wanna be a race car driver (Me: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

Then we graduated, I went to college and my buddy went to work for an autoparts store.

In my humble opinion TC's best stuff was: A few good men, maybe Interview with a Vampire, Oblivion, and Edge of Tomorrow.

And yeah, the guys is a weirdo to the max.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Good thing you guys didn't see Risky Business.

I'm not sure about that Jim. If he had seen that movie, maybe his friend would have attended college and avoided the Auto Parts Mgr syllabus entirely.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Good thing you guys didn't see Risky Business.
20455790.jpg