• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Pags

N/A
pilot
Anyone else find it odd RADM Ed Harris’ character (b.1950) is telling CAPT Tom Cruise’s character (b.1962) that he “should be a RADM by now”?

Also, not to ruin the fun of fiction, but the Navy’s current four-stars were all born c.1959-1962.
The original required a lot of "willing suspension of disbelief." This one looks like it will require a heroic amount of it. If you're looking/hoping for an accurate portrayal of Navy life I think you might find yourself more than a bit disappointed.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The original required a lot of "willing suspension of disbelief." This one looks like it will require a heroic amount of it. If you're looking/hoping for an accurate portrayal of Navy life I think you might find yourself more than a bit disappointed.

Nobody wants to watch two hours of ‘dont deep fry a frozen turkey’ followed by them manning up three different jets only to cancel because a desert tortoise is on the range.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Nobody wants to watch two hours of ‘dont deep fry a frozen turkey’ followed by them manning up three different jets only to cancel because a desert tortoise is on the range.
CAPT Mitchell continues to earn his “Maverick” callsign as he stands up against his superiors and CMC’s everywhere by demanding his sailors be allowed to wear cargo shorts on North Island. Things take a turn for the worse however when he is caught riding his motorcycle on the flightline without proper PPE. He is relieved of command, but seeks guidance from Iceman on how to work airline apps and pilot credentials. Which airline has a SoCal base and offers the most seniority movement for a 59 year old? How can he get a disability rating for what that ejection did to his back without screwing up his FAA medical?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
CAPT Mitchell continues to earn his “Maverick” callsign as he stands up against his superiors and CMC’s everywhere by demanding his sailors be allowed to wear cargo shorts on North Island. Things take a turn for the worse however when he is caught riding his motorcycle on the flightline without proper PPE. He is relieved of command, but seeks guidance from Iceman on how to work airline apps and pilot credentials. Which airline has a SoCal base and offers the most seniority movement for a 59 year old? How can he get a disability rating for what that ejection did to his back without screwing up his FAA medical?
There is probably more truth than fiction in that narrative.. haha

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Top Gun 2 has scenes of CAPT Maverick posting on Airwarriors seeking gouge on going to The Show and keeping up international communications with Mad Max the Russian.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Bit of ancient trivia here: I just happened to be going through the Adversary side of TOPGUN when they were in talks with Hollywood about making the first movie. Buddy of mine and I were walking down the passageway ONE DAY when the TG XO spotted us and called us in to his office. My buddy had been a prior squadron mate of his. XO "Rat" Willard proceeded to talk about some of the negotiations and said, "They even want us to paint our F-5's black, to be Migs. They say they've got some water-based paint that they can spray on and it will wash off afterwards. Do you believe this shit?"

robav8r

None
Contributor
All true, but have you seen the Navy recruiting numbers after TG 1 came out ???

Farva01

BKR
pilot
Bit of ancient trivia here: I just happened to be going through the Adversary side of TOPGUN when they were in talks with Hollywood about making the first movie. Buddy of mine and I were walking down the passageway ONE DAY when the TG XO spotted us and called us in to his office. My buddy had been a prior squadron mate of his. XO "Rat" Willard proceeded to talk about some of the negotiations and said, "They even want us to paint our F-5's black, to be Migs. They say they've got some water-based paint that they can spray on and it will wash off afterwards. Do you believe this shit?"
VFC-13 still has a black F-5. It is a a tally machine. The problem is, you never see his wingman sweep your 3/9 line. The the black F-5 wingman kill ratio is pretty high.