• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took the CCW class

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I took the concealed carry class up here in VA the other day. What a joke...6 places you can't carry, and then put 25 rounds through a piece of paper.

Two scary things:

1. Some people were clipping the corners of the paper at 7 yards.

2. Be careful out there...there are a lot of unsavory folks out there legally carrying.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
RP,

I hope you do lots of practice...not just shooting. You owe it to yourself to practice presenting your weapon from whichever carry method(s) you choose. Do it again. Safely, of course, checking the weapon each time.

Lenny Magill does some nice videos: http://gunvideo.com/?category_id=122

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just remember, someone may LOOK unsavory, but they DID pass the background check. That either says good things for the person or bad things for the background check... depends.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Fly Navy said:
Just remember, someone may LOOK unsavory, but they DID pass the background check. That either says good things for the person or bad things for the background check... depends.

I'd say it says bad things for the background check.

When I went to purchase my pistol, I went in, picked it out, and took it home in about a half hour. No waiting period, just a quick computerized background check. I'm not saying I had stuff I didn't want them to find, but it seemed weird that it was so quick.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
I'd say it says bad things for the background check.

When I went to purchase my pistol, I went in, picked it out, and took it home in about a half hour. No waiting period, just a quick computerized background check. I'm not saying I had stuff I didn't want them to find, but it seemed weird that it was so quick.

Oh god....

Why do you think you need a waiting period? The background check for NICS goes to the FBI database. It's thorough. There is absolutely zero evidence that a background check offers any kind of deterrent to crime, whatsoever.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Oh god....

Why do you think you need a waiting period? The background check for NICS goes to the FBI database. It's thorough. There is absolutely zero evidence that a background check offers any kind of deterrent to crime, whatsoever.

Meanwhile I'm waiting 3 days after the Sig I just ordered gets to gun dealer. Damn it...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Meanwhile I'm waiting 3 days after the Sig I just ordered gets to gun dealer. Damn it...

Bought in FL didn't you? Get your FL CCW, you can get around the waiting period. I have no idea why FL does that, it's stupid. I think it's a throw back from the old Brady law.

What kind of SIG?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
Some people were clipping the corners of the paper at 7 yards.

Yes, but did you realize the shooting skill it takes to be able to intentionally just nick all 4 corners of a target? I'm impressed.....

;)