• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took FORM 1 PASSSESD! 9/11 dedicated,

Status
Not open for further replies.

cessnajet1h

Hi everyone
I took the test today and It is very similar to the Marine guage here....people who have posted what questions would be similar THANK YOU !!
look for Borncreole, he has a list on what ideas are similar....there are about 5 questions with the same answers......well my raw scores are.....OAR 55 and the rest is 6, 7 and 8's I could have done better but, I am happy................I already have some flying liscenses and recruiter told me that I am good with those scores......anyhow, Know your Marine guage up and down........the other sections aviation was right on but know more about ships, like the kitchen is called galley..etc....also know wich ship is not part of UNITED STATES history.....
On the reading ones i thought they were confusing, actually i think i missed most of them, but the math i was down with it.....
anyhow, the only thing now is that pilot slots are not available, NFO's are, my recruiter told me if i go for NFO i would defenitely get it.......or pilot i have to wait 8 months, anyhow I am graduating this december so i have plenty of time to spare my options....good luck to all,,,,,

9/11 victims, I feel your pain, and wish you all the very best!

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
hey cessnajet congrats! what does he mean by waiting 8 months? if i put my app. in now, can i put down an ocs date of 8 months from now or what? do you know what he means by that? or do i need to wait 8 months to put my application in?

cessnajet1h

Warlord
The recruiter said that pilots slots for 2004 are all taken, and they actually went over the quota, but he says that next years fiscal year which begins in October should read out the possibility to get a pilot slot but it may be a while before getting it like 8 months, and yes you can request a later date for OCS , not earlier but a later date yes.........thanks bye

froghead1

I am taking the ASTB on the 20th of this month and was wondering if anyone had info concerning the Newton problem and the Sin/Cosine problem I have seen discussed in these forums. Thanks in advance.

RyanVR

i know of the problems you refer to

for the sin problem all you need to know is
soh cah toa

Sin = opposite/hypotenuse
cos = adjacent/hypotenuse
tangent = opposite/adjacent

if you know how to get sin/cos/tan from triangles this way, no problem

the newton problem is
given 2 forces and their direction, be able to tell where the resultant force direction will be and how much that force will be

(just do a little physics review)

i hope this helps, again, i'm trying not to explicitly tell what the problem is.

Ryan

c0bounds

I don't know if anyone knows... but I took ,y test last month and got a 60 I don't want to be a pilot...I want to go into intelligence, but it seems that any officer position is taking awhile to get into. my recruiter quoted me January at the earliest just for OCS

froghead1

Thanks RyanVR, I looked over some of that sin/cosine/tangent material this weekend. Now, I am going to look at the newton stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.