• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Too many aircraft in the Marine Corps?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Sure...because historically we've seen the Marines possessing a first line A/A offensive capability. Apparently by procuring the -35B they've proven their inherent place in a 5th Gen war. Good to see those leaps and bounds in technological capabilities have ensured our country's technological superiority
In the last wars we were in with actual air to air combat, how much of a role did the navy have?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I would be far more worried about ground-based threats, and if Marine air can't help neutralize or mitigate the ones that are operational today or in the future it calls into question the Corps' relevance in a scenario against a 'near-peer' threat.
The 'Corps' relevance...and the Navy's for that matter...is intrinsically much lower than the AF. I'd like to thank two decades of doing more with less as a major causal factor

The -35B just highlights the stupid shit that has become normal.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Hahaha. No.
Poor thing, I forgot we're supposed to let Harrier guys feel included in A/A. Before you hung up your tactical spurs...you DID have access to the daily A/A picture in the current fight yes?

Thank God we still have the VSTOL capability of wasting 2/3 of your gas to get off the deck with a -65 and 2x9M

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Poor thing, I forgot we're supposed to let Harrier guys feel included in A/A. Before you hung up your tactical spurs...you DID have access to the daily A/A picture in the current fight yes?

Thank God we still have the VSTOL capability of wasting 2/3 of your gas to get off the deck with a -65 and 2x9M
The point, which went right over your head, is that the Air Force didn’t let the Navy feel included in A/A, even when there were fighter squadrons. Your mission is attack, no matter how many times you watched that mighty fitter get shot.

As for your harrier knowledge, you were doing bad enough trying to talk about your own platform. So maybe take a knee and refrain from saying anything dumber than you already have.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The point, which went right over your head, is that the Air Force didn’t let the Navy feel included in A/A, even when there were fighter squadrons. Your mission is attack, no matter how many times you watched that mighty fitter get shot.

As for your harrier knowledge, you were doing bad enough trying to talk about your own platform. So maybe take a knee and refrain from saying anything dumber than you already have.
Your first paragraph doesn't even make sense.

And @Brett327 likes your post, so it reeks of bullshit too.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Pretty sure the Brit AV-8A’s got a few A/A kills during the Falklands kerfluffle.

Back to my MPRA hole now...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Pretty sure the Brit AV-8A’s got a few A/A kills during the Falklands kerfluffle.
That is because their pilots and ground crews had a robust GMT program involving being sensitive to others' feelings, turkey fryer safety, how to pick a good computer password, and they were really really really good at documenting this training.

They would have been even more successful but the reflective belt was not yet invented.

Oh, wait...