• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipping Flight Attendants ....

robav8r

None
Contributor
I hear "social tipping" is becoming a thing. Giving a review on Yelp, a companies website, social media, etc for an employee who gives exceptional service . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
Even if the employee makes the "tipped wage" of $2.13/hr, if their wage + tips falls below the national minimum wage of $7.25/hr, the employer is required by law to make up the difference. I see absolutely no point in tipping, but I'll continue to do so as long as people keep spitting in the food of people who don't :mad:
Whether or not you believe in tipping you need to acknowledge the fact that parts of our culture are based on it and that if you decide strike out on your own you might receive some "feedback." If you're ok with some negative feedback then keep on keeping on. But by deciding to do your own thing I think you've abdicated your right to complain about poor service and nasty looks for not tipping.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
In DC the new (well, expected) $15 an hour wage caused an outrage among service workers...they want the gratuities and the substantial tax break.

Pags

N/A
pilot
In DC the new (well, expected) $15 an hour wage caused an outrage among service workers...they want the gratuities and the substantial tax break.
That's the "incentive" to working in an industry that tips; ideally you'll make more cash in tips that are hard to accurately report than you would if you were paid a straight wage thus increasing take home pay.