• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Remaining? / Time Under Instruction

SWOMan

Just wanted to find out if I could get a clear answer on here. A year ago I ended up Re-designating during Primary. I realized I didn't like flying and it wasn't for me. I ended up getting selected for another community. Does my time in flight school count towards my Minimum 4 years of service required, or does my contract start all over again? I've gotten mixed answers and different instructions aren't very clear. After my current tour i'm hoping to get out and go to Business School.

If I do have to pay back initial commitment plus time under instruction, what is considered under instruction? Does the 3 months I spent in Redes count towards my time? What about the 3 months post OCS when they stashed us at our Naval recruiting district? Just trying to get an idea of how much time i'm still accountable for, because it determines if I take a shore duty or just stay on a sea tour longer.

azguy

None
While all your time in the Navy counts towards your MSR, you still owe the SWO community your two DIVO tours. If you want to get through the SWO commitment as fast as possible, you can exercise the single-tour DOSP option on your ship. I think that can get you off the ship in 3 yrs total.

azguy

None
Got it. Same principle applies. I imagine most communities will have a similar minimum requirement. Point being, if you do 2-3 yrs in the aviation pipeline before redesigning, your new community will want more than the 1-2 yrs left on your MSR.

BL: give your detailer a call.

SWOMan

@azguy i only did 1 year in the aviation pipeline. This current tour is 30 months and I just made JG. i'm going to try finding out what the requirements are, but idk if supply has any.