• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TIME OF WAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum

Just a question. For those of you in the fleet during these high alert times is the pipeline done at a quicker pace? by that I mean is business as usual or do they expedite the training process to get those aviators(pilots and flight officers) winged and trained as as soon as possible to supplement the fleet? I have read in other posts of the delay times associated with naval aviation i.e. ocs to api/api to primary/ primary to intermediate/ intermediate to advanced/ advanced to frs/ frs to fleet. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Dave Shutter

To sort of re-iterate what Matt said. I was in Boot camp for Army M-1's Tanks when the Gulf war was about to start and the initial projections for the land assault looked pretty bad. I quess it must have anyway, because they cancelled our Christmas exodus (I won't miss it this time!) leave and shaved two weeks off our training; thank God for that, we spent only one week in the field vs. two and it was cold and muddy as hell! In effect they basically graduated 100+ replacement enlisted tank crewman a month ahead of schedule. Our Battalion CO came in to see each Platoon of our Company who lost our Christas leave and said this is basically the first time since WWII the Armor Training Command had done it, then he said to suck it up and drive on because we weren't working for McDonalds anymore!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Status
Not open for further replies.