• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"There I was" stories from a Vietnam era A-4 Driver

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay... what do you two, need? Fuel, bombs or both?:)

Steve

Fuel, bombs, rockets, missiles, flares, chaff, camera film & LOX.

As for Bogies, when loaded as above, I've found it wiser to leave 'em to the Pfantums!

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fuel, bombs, rockets, missiles, flares, chaff, camera film & LOX.

As for Bogies, when loaded as above, I've found it wiser to leave 'em to the Pfantums!
Ah-ha! A most wise-when-loaded Scooter driver! :) :) ;)

f4lightningbigje8.jpg

blackbart22

pilot
Looks like you in front of 604 in the cruise book photo. That being the case, I probably have flung you off into the blue (or black) a few times since I was Bow Cats for the last half of that cruise.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like you in front of 604 in the cruise book photo. That being the case, I probably have flung you off into the blue (or black) a few times since I was Bow Cats for the last half of that cruise.
Unfortunately, my cruise books are iin storage so I don't know the photo or cruise you refer to. I assume you refer to CONNIE '67?? Not knowing your name, I'm confused?:confused: In any case, THANK YOU for all the good shots, especially the night tanker & max weight nightmares! Don't know how the cat hooks or my body absorbed those headsnappers...0 to 170 in 280'(?) got my full attention!;)

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I knew Bob Kirksey real well, great pilot & Officer. He was CO VA-55 in '67 (our Sister Squadron). Last saw him at a VA-55 reunion in Pensacola about 10 yrs. ago.

Thanks all for the welcome.

RADM Kirksey was Commander, Battle Force Seventh Fleet and Commander, Carrier Strike Force Seventh Fleet in 1980 when I was in VA-86 aboard the Nimitz when we got pulled out of the Med and sent to the IO for the Iranian hostage crisis. I was just a LTJG so we didn't socialize much.

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have a new guy old enough to make me look like a young guy.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Account updated with wings. Welcome aboard!

Mr. Webmaster,
Could you change my user name to BusyBee604? Also delete my name out of my original post. I was advised (PM from AG3Heather) that last names on this site a no-no?
Thanks for the welcome.:ghost_125 BzB

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Your username has been changed. Hopefully you can read this if you aren't able to log in. Just re-enter the username as BusyBee604 instead of your original one.

brownshoe

Contributor
Skeeterman

Oh… someone needs to fill in, Hugh (BzB) who ole Skeeter is, I just don’t have the energy tonight.:)

Steve

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Oh… someone needs to fill in, Hugh (BzB) who ole Skeeter is, I just don’t have the energy tonight.:)

Steve
Looks like you could use some help servicing those Scooters Steve! I trained on A4's if that's any help. :)

AE 606