• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The timing for applying for PLC 2015

User1993

I'm 20, and starting my freshman year of college in the fall. At a community college. Planning on getting a bachelors in the science of nursing. Laugh it up. But keep in mind. There's a stellar female to male ratio in that profession.

I haven't a clue what my current pft is but I know it's no where near where I want it to be. I've begun training though and I'm hoping to get into the PLC program.

How far in advance do you need to apply? My goal right now is to be a SNA in Virginia by summer 2015 hating my life (partial joke).

I figure most answers will say go see an oso tomorrow. But I really want to be a guy who walks in there flaunting a killer gpa, with a 300 pft, and ready to take the astb. I have none of that right now but I'd say in about 4 months at best I could. That'd be early November.

If I walk into the oso's office completely prepared how long will the application process take? Is applying in November early enough to be possibly accepted and sent to Virginia by summer 2015?

-I appreciate your answers, thank you.

Skinsuit

pilot
Go in tomorrow. There are so many factors beyond your control and so many potential things that could delay your progress that you need to be on the ball immediately. I had your same mindset in undergrad and waited until I finished a Master's degree to start applying, and have been waiting for OCS for almost three years now.

You'll need a flight physical, which can take anywhere from two to twelve months to schedule, complete, and get your results. If you have any issues (anything legal, drugs, tattoos, anything in your medical history) you'll need a waiver, which adds months. MEPS or DODMERB can take months. Your OSO will likely notice improvement in your package over time, which can help you. Going to pool events will increase your knowledge and preparation.

On top of all that, there are boards this August that meet for PLC of Summer 2015, which means you need to be contracted in July, which means you're probably too late for that board under the best of circumstances. There will be more chances to apply, but you don't want to be in line, waiting for a spot on the last boat.

You're pursuing a profession that values initiative and aggression, so start practicing now.