• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN The Slow Death Of The Carrier Air Wing - Or a CSAR Threadjack

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I listened to a PaveHawk pilot go on a 10 minute rant about the HH-60W being a piece of shit and as an HSC guy, I couldn't help but laugh. We always thought they had their shit together more than us, but USAF is just as dumb as the Navy, if not more.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I listened to a PaveHawk pilot go on a 10 minute rant about the HH-60W being a piece of shit and as an HSC guy, I couldn't help but laugh. We always thought they had their shit together more than us, but USAF is just as dumb as the Navy, if not more.
The program office is here at WPAFB and it notoriously bloated

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Probably next door to where they hide their recovered UAP crash debris.
a56.jpg

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
The Army did the same thing with the HH-60M. The UH-60M was a great improvement over the UH-60L, but the medevac shit they put in the back of the aircraft came from a bunch of O-4s, O-5s and maybe O-6s that had never really done medevac. We were one of the first (second I think) units to be fielded the HH-60M, receiving our first aircraft in 2009. Almost 13 years later we are the first unit to receive a prototype med interior geared more toward real world.

Six moveable litter pans in the original configuration "seemed" like a good idea. After all, if one or two is good, six must be better. Except that they were heavy, took up space and weight that we needed in a high DA environment. Oh, and do you think one medic and a crew chief can actually work on six litter patients enroute? OBOGS? You need to be able to transfer the oxygen bottle with the patient, not disconnect everything and send the patient inside with...nothing? Built in suction system? WTF? Who's going to clean that out in the aircraft when it's 100+ degrees out? Spraying out the back of the aircraft with water is bad enough. Blah blah blah.

It seems we, the military helo community, send our "those that can't do" to teach and procure things for us, because...well...they can't DO. Then they teach everything wrong and buy all the shiny stuff that is on the shelf at the 7-11.

As for the contested CSAR aspect, we in Army MEDEVAC are already training for this and our aircraft are being modified to better handle some of the contingencies. Of course this comes with added weight. I guess it is good that our prototype med interiors lost half the mechanical litter pans!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Army did the same thing with the HH-60M. The UH-60M was a great improvement over the UH-60L, but the medevac shit they put in the back of the aircraft came from a bunch of O-4s, O-5s and maybe O-6s that had never really done medevac. We were one of the first (second I think) units to be fielded the HH-60M, receiving our first aircraft in 2009. Almost 13 years later we are the first unit to receive a prototype med interior geared more toward real world.

Six moveable litter pans in the original configuration "seemed" like a good idea. After all, if one or two is good, six must be better. Except that they were heavy, took up space and weight that we needed in a high DA environment. Oh, and do you think one medic and a crew chief can actually work on six litter patients enroute? OBOGS? You need to be able to transfer the oxygen bottle with the patient, not disconnect everything and send the patient inside with...nothing? Built in suction system? WTF? Who's going to clean that out in the aircraft when it's 100+ degrees out? Spraying out the back of the aircraft with water is bad enough. Blah blah blah.

It seems we, the military helo community, send our "those that can't do" to teach and procure things for us, because...well...they can't DO. Then they teach everything wrong and buy all the shiny stuff that is on the shelf at the 7-11.

As for the contested CSAR aspect, we in Army MEDEVAC are already training for this and our aircraft are being modified to better handle some of the contingencies. Of course this comes with added weight. I guess it is good that our prototype med interiors lost half the mechanical litter pans!

Yup, seems silly. The guy I talked just wanted the 160th's MH-60M +/- some specialized gear and painted gray.