• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Curious what you 121 guys who gloat about how little you work and how little professional effort you put into your caeers, and your ALPA protections think about this... Is he a fellow union bretheren that ALPA will die on the hill for?

Didn’t you just post recently on another website about applying to PSA?

Aside from the tone of your remarks, I hope the pilot gets the help he needs and I hope the union HIMS committee can help.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Didn’t you just post recently on another website about applying to PSA?

Aside from the tone of your remarks, I hope the pilot gets the help he needs and I hope the union HIMS committee can help.

No tone intended! Abd yes I'd love to get an interview from PSA - but despite @HokiePilot recommendation can't for the life of me understand why I can't get an interview despite clean upstanding living and this guy at Delta gets union protections after trying to fly a jet after drinking...

Treetop Flyer

pilot
No tone intended! Abd yes I'd love to get an interview from PSA - but despite @HokiePilot recommendation can't for the life of me understand why I can't get an interview despite clean upstanding living and this guy at Delta gets union protections after trying to fly a jet after drinking...
You don’t understand why a member of a union gets benefits from his union?

Also, what exactly is he getting? What are you talking about?

ChuckMK23

pilot
My point is what does it take to be selected for a 121 job - it seems to be about luck and not merit - and folks who break the rules and put the public at risk get the full benefit of their respective unions legal defense and HIMS programs vs the rest of us who have spotless flying records and served with honorably and played by the rules and for unknown reasons can't seem to get past the interview gate - seems unfair.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

You’re coming off as a fucking asshole in that post.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
My point is what does it take to be selected for a 121 job - it seems to be about luck and not merit - and folks who break the rules and put the public at risk get the full benefit of their respective unions legal defense and HIMS programs vs the rest of us who have spotless flying records and served with honorably and played by the rules and for unknown reasons can't seem to get past the interview gate - seems unfair.
What exactly is happening in his case? You don’t know. You’re angry because a regional hasn’t called you. Maybe it’s bad luck. Maybe you’re impatient. Maybe a lot of guys have waited longer and have better sob stories than you. Maybe they have some data showing that 50 year old helicopter pilots who haven’t flown a turbine aircraft in 20 years have a higher attrition rate.

No matter what the answer is, it has nothing to do with some guy that got arrested today.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Gave @PEPfromage a IPC today so he could go into his PSA interview fully instrument current. Donated my time and effort and access to airplane all gratis - all for a fellow Naval Aviator - that's the high degree of my professional character and willingness to support my fellow pilot bretheren. Just saying!

Hardly makes me asshole material -:acting unselfishly. Superior and selfless character more likely.22666

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Gave @PEPfromage a IPC today so he could go into his PSA interview fully instrument current. Donated my time and effort and access to airplane all gratis - all for a fellow Naval Aviator - that's the high degree of my professional character and willingness to support my fellow pilot bretheren. Just saying!

Hardly makes me asshole material -:acting unselfishly. Superior and selfless character more likely.View attachment 22666

View attachment 22665
Chuck, if a career change is what you’re going for, I wish you the best. (And Pepfromage)

However I would say that instrument currency in that aircraft isn’t going to transition well to an RJ. I’m not saying it’s hard or you can’t do it. It’s just different flying.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Curious what you 121 guys who gloat about how little you work and how little professional effort you put into your caeers, and your ALPA protections think about this... Is he a fellow union bretheren that ALPA will die on the hill for?

While I certianly can relate to not getting the call, this comes across shitty. Avaition isn't zero sum, especially with the way hiring is going on today. This guy is going to have a really awful couple of months. Everyone has some personal deamons, and some handle them better than others. I'm sincerly glad he didn't fly while intoxicated, hope he gets the help he needs, and this can be a turning point for him.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Sorry that’s happened but condescending posts about 121 pilots aren’t going to make more of them to want to help you join their ranks.

My advice, apply to 2-4 more regionals, take the job offer with the easiest commute then lateral over to PSA after you complete training and some line flying if that’s where you really want to go.

I don’t specifically recall your flight hours but I seem to remember from your other posts that you applied after their big pay raise meant to attract more/better applicants, and that posters who work for PSA responded to you to tell you that you applied incorrectly to their RTP program and that you needed to apply through their application process for pilots who have already reached ATP minimums. Have you done that?

Attachments

• 0D1E1295-4450-4626-A5AD-7D879C86F6CA.png
    0D1E1295-4450-4626-A5AD-7D879C86F6CA.png
    315 KB · Views: 16