• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

robav8r

None
Contributor
Not in this life or any other. She has to be high maintenance even as nothing else other than a seat warmer.

There is no way she is actually an airline pilot either. FO stripes, Captain hat, leg hugging pants and high heels. Plus that isn't actually an airplane.

Of course that's not to say she isn't a 1 on the binary scale.
Why do you have to be such a fun sponge HAL ???

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Not in this life or any other. She has to be high maintenance even as nothing else other than a seat warmer.

There is no way she is actually an airline pilot either. FO stripes, Captain hat, leg hugging pants and high heels. Plus that isn't actually an airplane.

Of course that's not to say she isn't a 1 on the binary scale.
I’m sure that if she were in your cockpit you could find some control lever for her to manipulate.:cool:

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
PSA for non current pilots looking to transition into 121 via the regionals:

Set yourself up for greater success by completing an IPC and being current on approaches etc. prior to submitting your application.

There have been several instances recently where otherwis qualified prior/ transitioning military applicants have been snap rejected by regionals after submitting their application and in some cases get sent home from an interview with a TBNT because the got a BFR and a few laps in the pattern but they neglected to regain instrument currency.

Currently, some of the regionals that consider themselves “more selective” (aka they have a pool of applicants waiting to start classes) are looking for between 25-50hrs in the last 12 months (Cessna etc. is okay) to go along with instrument currency.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
PSA for non current pilots looking to transition into 121 via the regionals:

Set yourself up for greater success by completing an IPC and being current on approaches etc. prior to submitting your application.

There have been several instances recently where otherwis qualified prior/ transitioning military applicants have been snap rejected by regionals after submitting their application and in some cases get sent home from an interview with a TBNT because the got a BFR and a few laps in the pattern but they neglected to regain instrument currency.

Currently, some of the regionals that consider themselves “more selective” (aka they have a pool of applicants waiting to start classes) are looking for between 25-50hrs in the last 12 months (Cessna etc. is okay) to go along with instrument currency.
I’m about to give @PEPfromage an IPC for this very reason!!!

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
United threw a curve ball at the regional world yesterday. Pulling out seats! They are going to start flying the CRJ-550. Who knew there is such a thing.

It's a CRJ-700 with seats pulled out to bring it down to a 50 seater to comply with scope limitations. It will be interesting to see how the economics of this work out will the increased fuel cost of a bigger/heavier plane be offset by the lower maintenance cost of flying a newer plane.

I also wonder if they are going to try and get away with 1 fight attendant. The self service beverage station sure suggests that. While the flight attendant is serving the hoi polloi, the first class passengers just pour themselves a drink.

Ultimately, it is not much of a change for pilots. The CRJ-700/550 is preferable to the -200, but it is still a regional. It does put an end to the fears that United is going to drop GoJet.

https://hub.united.com/united-more-...5340.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Yeah, I saw that. It's an interesting experiment in small passenger jet flying. The concept seems a bit like how the ER 175 has turned out- in the sense of a tube that could fit more seats, so the seats can be more spread out and more comfortable. The number of seats in the 175 is limited by scope but the number in this 550 will be limited by choice.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The self serve beverage station sounds like a terrible idea. Maybe if the beverages are all sealed like cans and bottles. Decrepit Joe Blow shuffling back to his seat with his steaming cup of coffee with the seatbelt sign on sounds fun for everyone involved.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The self serve beverage station sounds like a terrible idea. Maybe if the beverages are all sealed like cans and bottles. Decrepit Joe Blow shuffling back to his seat with his steaming cup of coffee with the seatbelt sign on sounds fun for everyone involved.
I'm okay with it as long as the other pax remember to turn their phones sideways when they stream it over the ship's WiFi. Speaking of which, VVS will have to get added to the safety brief and the information cards in the seat backs.