• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

mad dog

the šŸŖØ šŸ—’ļø āœ‚ļø champion
pilot
Contributor
Has a former cop ever made a run at the Cannonball Run record? @mad dog , I think you've got the requisite gear and experience. Maybe, a quick brush up on contemporary countermeasures, and I think you're ready to go. šŸ˜µ
IMG_3464.jpeg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Damn...what kind of covered switch on the seat would cause this?

View attachment 40058

Motorized adjustment on the seat track? I donā€™t know a lot about the 787, but in other aircraft I have been VERY careful to lock the seat in position when first sitting down. Some tracks are long enough to keep you from reaching the controls if the seat slides all the way aft. If you had your hands on the yoke (or got pushed into it going forward) in flight, the results would suck.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d put this one down to crew error, rather than adding to the ā€œBoeingā€™s faultā€ media frenzy. Next thing you know, youā€™ll need an FAA inspector aboard to adjust your crew seat position.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Motorized adjustment on the seat track? I donā€™t know a lot about the 787, but in other aircraft I have been VERY careful to lock the seat in position when first sitting down. Some tracks are long enough to keep you from reaching the controls if the seat slides all the way aft. If you had your hands on the yoke (or got pushed into it going forward) in flight, the results would suck.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d put this one down to crew error, rather than adding to the ā€œBoeingā€™s faultā€ media frenzy. Next thing you know, youā€™ll need an FAA inspector aboard to adjust your crew seat position.

Something along those lines happened with an RAF A330 tanker.