• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Prowler Flies off into the Sunset

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Interesting, they told 209 they didn't want a Prowler when they offered on a few years ago becasue it wasn't distinctive enough for their inventory.

I've seen 'Y' stylized several times into a particular shape on the planes and patches, a little disappointed but not surprised to not see it on this bird. On a related note, VX-9's 'Vandy One' had the bunny back on it's tail in '03 right before they retired their F-14's after not having it there for ~decade. I think that was right before some VX-9 guys got in trouble for visiting the Mansion in their flight suits, their mistake was letting the pics get into the wild.

Darth Vader vs Playboy bunny ?.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't think so. The camera angle with the wing fold makes it hard to see. Check out the shadow on the ramp.

Completely right. There's no way to fold the vertical stab. The "football" with the majority of the receivers is located on top of the tail. That's just the camera angle. Here's a different shot where you can see the full wing fold and tail.21470

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah yes. Feel much better now. Attention to detail not so good now, but turns out it was OK 35 years ago.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've seen 'Y' stylized several times into a particular shape on the planes and patches, a little disappointed but not surprised to not see it on this bird. On a related note, VX-9's 'Vandy One' had the bunny back on it's tail in '03 right before they retired their F-14's after not having it there for ~decade. I think that was right before some VX-9 guys got in trouble for visiting the Mansion in their flight suits, their mistake was letting the pics get into the wild.
They just took it to the wrong museum.
The Pima Air Museum doesn't have a problem with naughty tail and nose art.21526