• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Process After

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Ok, so, after OCS, you're a green Ensign.

Regardless of what track you're in, I'd like to know the after-OCS process of becoming a good officer. Things like questions to ask your chief, how to find a good chief, when and how to exert authority, etc.

I know these are the kinds of things that mostly stuff that you need to gain direct experience with in the fleet to learn, but still, I'd like to know what it takes to get to the point that the enlisted guys stop snickering behind your back (or at least less so than when you first get striped).

Thanks!

~Nate

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
After OCS...finish flight school. Dont get any DUIs, don't bang anyone you aren't supposed to, don't make an ass of yourself, in uniform or out.

Once you get to your squadron, flind whatever Chief or P.O. is the senior E in your shop/branch and ask to talk with him over a cup of coffee. Explain that you know you are green and you know he knows the shop/guys better than you and you want to learn. That's it. 95% of those guys will help you out. While they work in there full time, they know you have flying duties/studying to take care of.

The E's will snicker no matter what. The difference is are they laughing AT you or WITH you. You still made fun of even your coolest high school teacher sometimes right? Don't be an ass, for examples, watch Animal House and take notes on the parts with Neidermeyer. Don't be that guy.

R

RickyDT34

zab1001 said:
After OCS...don't bang anyone you aren't supposed to...
not sure what you meant by that. Do you mean like an admirals daughter, or a thai transvestite hooker?? I haven't done either just needed clarification "just in case". :eek: :)

Pags

N/A
pilot
RickyDT34 said:
not sure what you meant by that. Do you mean like an admirals daughter, or a thai transvestite hooker?? I haven't done either just needed clarification "just in case". :eek: :)

little bit of column A, little bit of column B. and then there's the battle E...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
(NOT directed at DairyCreamer in particular)

A great way to get laughed at by your troops is not chopping/spellchecking/proofreading paperwork you put up or down the chain. After reading a lot of the posts on here, I cringe when I think about the possibility of some of these people writting Evals. I had a Department Head that used to hack all paperwork that went through his hands with a purple pen...it was unique...nothing like getting proverbially b!tch slapped by a purple pen...

rare21

pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
(NOT directed at DairyCreamer in particular)

A great way to get laughed at by your troops is not chopping/spellchecking/proofreading paperwork you put up or down the chain. After reading a lot of the posts on here, I cringe when I think about the possibility of some of these people writting Evals. I had a Department Head that used to hack all paperwork that went through his hands with a purple pen...it was unique...nothing like getting proverbially b!tch slapped by a purple pen...

writting = writing...man i feel so cheap for doing this...but i bet you did it on purpose

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it possible to ***** slap oneself?
rare21 said:
writting = writing...man i feel so cheap for doing this...but i bet you did it on purpose

point made....it's all that damn spanish...yeah that's it....

Status
Not open for further replies.