• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The looney toons continue......

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They may not "ban" assault weapons but it seems to me that they could very easily require the sale of an "assault weapon" to go thru the NFA system just like a can or SBR does now. The system works pretty well except it's slow. (especially right now). They could easily throw money and people at the current system and make it "work". More cost, huge wait times and lot's of hassle here but it's done everyday.

I'm thinking that's kind of a long shot. They're already so under-staffed and overwhelmed. They apparently did get approval for an additional set of examiners as well as the "contractors." I'm not sure how all that will shake out come 1 March, though. Even if the new examiners stay, they won't be fully operational until the summer. Also, they're supposed to switching to an E-system this summer. All of which should speed things up, however....

There seems to be momentum on getting rid of the LE sign-off, but they'll now make corporations also submit finger prints AND then submit them to LE. Nothing is required of LE, just notification, but it may slow down the process again, or at least during the retroactive finger printing, if they go down that road.

All of that, plus adding millions of additional scary guns to the processing may not be realistic.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well, in other news...I went to go buy some 168 gr BTHP's to build some match ammo on arrival back in Whidbey and guess what...

You guys probably knew this already, but WTF are people thinking?! What, are the evil Democrats going to ban .308 ammo? What is in peoples' heads!?:mad:

Seriously though, does anyone really think that's even a remote possibility? What the hell?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
While it may be heresy to say, it's not just the "anti-gun" people that are disconnected from reality. Like you said, people have done it to themselves. I'm just glad I ordered 800 rounds of 175 SMK complete rounds before they went over a $1/ round. I kind of wish I had ordered more with all this silliness.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
dot-com bubble, housing bubble, ammo bubble... I wonder if it is possible to short-sell ammunition?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
dot-com bubble, housing bubble, ammo bubble... I wonder if it is possible to short-sell ammunition?

If so, give me a call!

I don't reload due to logistics, but I did plan a little bit a head. I'm glad I did. At least I can still continue to enjoy shooting (mostly AR and WWII vintage stuff) without paying ridiculous amounts of money or constantly hitting the refresh button. But like any commodity, I can only go for so long...