• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The life expectancy of the Tomcat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

In all the articles and website about the Superhornet, I have yet to see any real solid info or timetable on their replacement of the F-14. Over at the Atlantic Fighter wing Website, VF-41 (Black Aces) and VF-211 (Checkmates) each have a page on their homepages marked "Future", under which are pictures of Superhornet "F's" with info on when they'll be transitioning (late 2001 & 2002) but that's it! 2 out of twelve sqaudrons in the next two years! At this rate it'll take at least another decade before the Tomcat's are all gone! (Yummy!)And what about the "E's", which will begin replacing the regular Hornets, That's one thing I haven't heard anything about?

This question is a little more general, when a squadron transitions to a new aircraft, how do they do it? As a unit, or do they all go through the RAG as individuals? The pilots already know carrier landings/strike/ACM, so is the training abreviated? This is something the Navy's always done so I'm figuring they've got it down to a science.

Oh yeah. no Superhornets either at the Andrews show.(Grrrr!)

Go Flyers!

D

Status
Not open for further replies.