• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The lastest I heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SliderSD

I heard over the course of this weekend that the board may be meeting early. Sometime this week. Likely to be on the 12th. If someone hears otherwise keep me updated.

Also, this on a side note. If you are going for an air contract, at least do yourself a favor and get in a plane and try it out first. This weekend I had the pleasure of flying, with the Captain, the King Air turbo Prop that the Marine Corps uses for recruiting. Our office had guys sign up to take flights which is great. What I found out was that many guys going for air contracts have never even sat in a plane, outside of commercial. It suprprised me. My recommendation; Take at least an introductory flight. You find out if you have what it takes to Multi-task and to see if your gut can handle it.

Of course if its not in the budget We all can relate. The intro flight should only be 45-50 bucks. I know you have all probably spent more than that at the gents club!
bigeyes_125.gif

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
ya, I was told it was meeting this week also. But that we shouldn't expect to hear any word for a couple weeks--even unofficial results.

I also second taking at least an intro flight. It's a different experience 'tween sitting in a 747 sipping a cocktail and getting bounced around in a cessna. It's a blast, though. I live for it.

Good Luck to all

SliderSD

Ya he has a pretty sweet job, It think his name is Cpt. Wienerhoff. Something to that effect. He is a pretty cool cat, he used to fly c-130's before getting this outfit. He says he likes it. Not bad, fly all over the west coast get paid. Basically he has his own private plane to do whatever he wants. One day out to Montana to do some fishing, then San diego to get a tan. Ya I think I'll fly up to see the golden gate next.

By the way ask him how he did in flight school if you get a chance. Ask him why he didn't go Jets.

When the board meets they should take no longer than a few days to report back to us. Even the Military realizes that we need to wrap up our measly private lives to get ready to trade up for a military one.

Again, good luck gentleman!

reapergm

"The intro flight should only be 45-50 bucks."

Yeah, for the intro.. but then if you go to school thats a whole other story! Up here in NY, I just paid $320 for a 1.8 hobbs lesson and Gas cup. AWESOME!! So expensive. Work 60 hour weeks for the pleasure of 1 hour of flight... the stuff ya gotta do to fly for uncle sam!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Hope the guy comes up Portland way...I'd love to go up with him...

As far as the board...the west region board was always plannning to meet this next week, but maybe you are referring to the east region board which was supposed to meet Dec. 2...Anyway...good luck to all of you and if you fly with that guy in the next week tell him that an applicant in PDX would like to go up if he's got the time.

Good luck to everyone and keep pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.