• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I thought the blood chit was normally on the inside on the side, not on the back. Or does it vary?

I guess it could go anywhere really. Back is easiest to see, but I’m not the expert. I personally have only ever seen it on the back.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I hope that gear doesn't smell like the new ACU combat shirts of c2008 did.

Dunno why I still think of those things randomly every now and then. Maybe I parlay that into a VA disability rating.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
What's a good place in/near Jax to get patches sewn onto the G1?

I don't want to wait another decade for a second TG nametag if they f*** it up...

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
What's a good place in/near Jax to get patches sewn onto the G1?

I don't want to wait another decade for a second TG nametag if they f*** it up...
The guy from Tipsy Gypsy recommended Adamec Harley Davidson, since they are apparently in the Jax area themselves. There’s a nice old lady who has sewn thousands of navy leather jackets over the years who does it in about 5 minutes and for very cheap. I did mine there and love the result.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
The guy from Tipsy Gypsy recommended Adamec Harley Davidson, since they are apparently in the Jax area themselves. There’s a nice old lady who has sewn thousands of navy leather jackets over the years who does it in about 5 minutes and for very cheap. I did mine there and love the result.
I decided to repress the neurosis most of us have about our G1s and just took it to Open Road Leathers on Beach inside 295. Crusty old biker dude sewed it right there on the spot in 5ish minutes for 10ish dollars. Not a wayward stitch. Sewed through the liner just fine as well.

+1 on the bike leather establishments.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
I decided to repress the neurosis most of us have about our G1s and just took it to Open Road Leathers on Beach inside 295. Crusty old biker dude sewed it right there on the spot in 5ish minutes for 10ish dollars. Not a wayward stitch. Sewed through the liner just fine as well.

+1 on the bike leather establishments.
On the other end of the jacket shananigans scale, you’d be surprised with the number of guys who had the Corpus/Milton paraloft sew on a brown flight suit leather name tag on their nice G1. :eek:

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
On the other end of the jacket shananigans scale, you’d be surprised with the number of guys who had the Corpus/Milton paraloft sew on a brown flight suit leather name tag on their nice G1. :eek:
Like this? I had the south whiting civ PRs sew on a plain wings n things flight suit leather patch. Looks just fine. When the embossing wears off I’ll either look salty or replace it with a better one.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 22650
Like this? I had the south whiting civ PRs sew on a plain wings n things flight suit leather patch. Looks just fine. When the embossing wears off I’ll either look salty or replace it with a better one.
Not the wings and things patch, imagine the API leather patch you got for flight suit Friday, on your jacket. The one on HW’s jacket looks better.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If any of you Whidbeyites can spare a trip to Kirkland, Leather Maids Tailoring does good patch work under the lining. Also trimmed the 1970s-John-Travolta-Saturday-Night-Fever-esque collar I got from Pop's Leather nicely down to size.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
If any of you Whidbeyites can spare a trip to Kirkland, Leather Maids Tailoring does good patch work under the lining. Also trimmed the 1970s-John-Travolta-Saturday-Night-Fever-esque collar I got from Pop's Leather nicely down to size.

How much did you have them take off the collar? 1/2”?