• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
As someone who's over 6'5" with a terribly short and ridiculous looking initial issue G-1, what's the best tall sized replacement that I can order online? Companies that make tall sized jackets that I have seen are Gibson-Barnes, Cockpit USA, and a custom jacket from Pops.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
My vote for tall sized - G&B. They have a great shop, very solid workmanship, exceptionally good engineering on patterns and size consistency.

They were at HeliExpo this year and I got to try on a number of their jackets in tall and was impressed.

NAVSUPP actually contracted with them years ago when they were Flight Suits Ltd

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
My vote for tall sized - G&B. They have a great shop, very solid workmanship, exceptionally good engineering on patterns and size consistency.

They were at HeliExpo this year and I got to try on a number of their jackets in tall and was impressed.

Their jacket is made of goatskin and I believe the one I was issued is made of calf. Is goat going to be better in terms of comfort and/or durability? I have seen conflicting things across the web.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Their jacket is made of goatskin and I believe the one I was issued is made of calf. Is goat going to be better in terms of comfort and/or durability? I have seen conflicting things across the web.
The OG G-1 spec was goatskin so you'll find that most G-1s that are going for authenticity will be goatskin.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Here's the one I got from flightjacket.com years ago. it's goatskin and has aged really well and has a good drape. The fur collar is also actual mouton. I can't speak to their big and tall selection but their 42R for an average sized guy has worked out real well for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_180824.jpg
    IMG_20190311_180824.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 246

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Very nice. Anyone have pictures of a Pop’s jacket? The picture on their site makes the collar look massive compared to the G&B.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Since only a link was posted a while back, here's what I got for Dark Horse Leather in Korea if anyone is curious.

According to "chang@dhleather.kr" you get the calfskin jacket (no goat option if that's a must have), blood chit, pen pocket, hand pockets, chest velcro (if you want it), and fur liner for $310 (includes shipping). He can make a number size jacket (like 42/44/etc) or take your measurements for custom fit.

The pictures are what he just sent to me.
21662 21663

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
The giant patch on the jacket is still in use, and looks pretty good on my jacket in my opinion.

The Friday patch is still very much in use as well.
Most excellent!

And it’s REALLY, REALLY most excellent to hear that the Friday patch is still very much in use...I would’ve figured that with all the easily offendable fuckstick snowflakes out there that the Friday patch would have been banned...similar to the fact that I’ve been banned from flicking boogers on [or at] easily offendable fuckstick snowflakes.