• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
6731878273_80d542ca3d_b.jpg

A U.S. Air Force CV-22 Osprey special operations aircraft with the 71st Special Operations Squadron (SOS) receives fuel from a MC-130J Combat Shadow II aerial refueling aircraft from the 522nd SOS Jan. 4, 2012, over New Mexico. The 71st SOS is located at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., and conducted air refueling training with members of the 522nd SOS at Cannon AFB, N.M. The MC-130J provided in-flight refueling as part of a joint-base partnership. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman James Bell)

6731877927_852cb4445f_b.jpg

A U.S. Air Force CV-22 Osprey special operations aircraft with the 71st Special Operations Squadron (SOS) receives fuel from a MC-130J Combat Shadow II aerial refueling aircraft from the 522nd SOS Jan. 4, 2012, over New Mexico. The 71st SOS is located at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., and conducted air refueling training with members of the 522nd SOS at Cannon AFB, N.M. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st class Xavier Lockley)

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
6731878273_80d542ca3d_b.jpg

A U.S. Air Force CV-22 Osprey special operations aircraft with the 71st Special Operations Squadron (SOS) receives fuel from a MC-130J Combat Shadow II aerial refueling aircraft from the 522nd SOS Jan. 4, 2012, over New Mexico. The 71st SOS is located at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., and conducted air refueling training with members of the 522nd SOS at Cannon AFB, N.M. The MC-130J provided in-flight refueling as part of a joint-base partnership. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman James Bell)

6731877927_852cb4445f_b.jpg

A U.S. Air Force CV-22 Osprey special operations aircraft with the 71st Special Operations Squadron (SOS) receives fuel from a MC-130J Combat Shadow II aerial refueling aircraft from the 522nd SOS Jan. 4, 2012, over New Mexico. The 71st SOS is located at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., and conducted air refueling training with members of the 522nd SOS at Cannon AFB, N.M. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st class Xavier Lockley)
Has anybody worked with Air Force Ospreys in theater? My impression of them is that they are really good at getting big-budget Hollywood action film gigs, but the ops still go to the 160th. Truth?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I took some people to the Pacific Aviation Museum at Ford Island last Monday. The ticket lady said "Do you like helicopters?" I think I was rather more nonplussed than she counted on, but she then informed me that a two ship of CH-53D's were coming in about 10 minutes. One of them was being donated to the museum. I snagged and iVideo of them landing, but need to find a place to upload.

6p4e6.jpg

Okay, who's old enough to have this BuNo in his logbook? Congratulations, you've flown a museum piece.

7S9ib.jpg

I tried to snag one of the eight day clocks out of it (hey, they don't need it anymore), but one of the dirty hinges there rather emphatically told me "No." Ah well, the hunt continues.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I tried to snag one of the eight day clocks out of it (hey, they don't need it anymore), but one of the dirty hinges there rather emphatically told me "No." Ah well, the hunt continues.

One of my friends just flew a T-34 to the boneyard. The first thing I asked him was if he got the clock... and apparently the clock and the data plate are two of the first things on the acceptance checklist. Go figure! :rolleyes:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
One of my friends just flew a T-34 to the boneyard. The first thing I asked him was if he got the clock... and apparently the clock and the data plate are two of the first things on the acceptance checklist. Go figure! :rolleyes:

They are "high pilferage items." We barely had motors shut down when we took a bird to DM and a dude with a screwdriver was running around pulling clocks off the plane. They gave us more than enough shit just because we removed all the ALSS stuff, too.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
How do they number BUNOs? Is it based sequentially on what aircraft the navy is accepting on a given day?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
6766034957_49d736fe44_z.jpg

imho, i don't think it right to expose this much history to this much risk...
Seriously, this guy has some balls. The shadows (especially around the golf cart) tell you it's not far from high noon so the shadows themselves are a good representation of where this guy is laterally, i.e. OVER the apron.

yak52driver

Contributor
It appears the guys in the golf cart aren't looking toward the Mustang, they may have been in for a surprise.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
I'm thinking this may be Photoshop. The shadows on the ground show the sun seem to be from a different angle than the shadows on the P-51 itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.