• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the Fleet

web_080402-N-8923M-113.jpg

080402-N-8923M-113 PERSIAN GULF (April 2, 2008) F/A-18F Super Hornets assigned to the "Swordsmen" of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 32 fly near the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) during flight operations. U.S. Navy photo by Seaman Kevin T. Murray Jr. (Released)

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Three 5 wet rhinos? How much time did they think they needed for this photo?

edit- still an awesome photo.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"...the "Swordsmen" of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 32 ..."

AARRRRGH!!!!

VA-145 SWORDSMEN

va-145.gif
a6launchpv8.jpg

"Live by the Sword. Die by the Swordsmen."

From the squadron:
The unsheathed sword, positioned in the vigilant or attack position over the ocean, depicts the squadron's primary mission of maintaining lines of communication and denying them to an enemy. The colors of the sword signify a legendary balance of strength and stability. The background of black and gold symbolizes our capability to strike under day or night conditions. The twin flashes of lightning denote speed and swiftness of the attack. The lion rampant denotes fighting ability as well as strength in the pursuit of the attack. The red claws indicate fierceness, while the red border is a symbol of raw power.

Renegade One

None
Call me a curmudgeon if you will, but I'm not impressed. Formation sucks, one guy has his hook up, yadda yadda yadda. Whatever happened to "lookin' good around the boat"?

All the best, Spike

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Call me a curmudgeon if you will, but I'm not impressed. Formation sucks, one guy has his hook up, yadda yadda yadda. Whatever happened to "lookin' good around the boat"?

All the best, Spike

Why is having your hook down good for formation/photo op? Or just in this picture for uniformity?

B

Blutonski816

All the best, Spike

Revised NATOPS now made sure to remove any mention of "lookin' good"
:(

EDIT: Especially "around the boat," "at the break" or any similar opportunity

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I like this idea for a thread as well, or maybe a poll thread for pic of the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.