• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery, Troisième partie: la vengeance!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
The Navy went to that paint scheme about 9 years ago after an Irish anti-war protestor took a hatchet to nose of one of our planes in EINN. Now everyone thinks they are extraordinary rendition planes.

We recently stopped flying into EINN again because someone got on the flight line and wrote something on a C-40 with a sharpie. Apparently the airfield security is in question.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Always interesting to see what you find in Tucson... I'm not even sure our handlers knew why it was there or what it was.

35878453021_e1a9983f2e_b.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I knew immediately what it was when I saw it, so that's why I snapped a pic, since that stuff always interested me.

But I'm always amused at how transparent our government can be, even when the tin-foil hat brigade is shouting from the balcony about how we're all being duped. All the tools to track all of these planes have been around for at least a decade, if not longer (as seen in your link). I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but just pointing out that DoD (I'm looking at you AF) could be smarter on what information they say needs to be protected. But obviously the AF isn't the only player.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
All the tools to track all of these planes have been around for at least a decade, if not longer (as seen in your link).
Not even sure you need technology to track those straight pipe early 737s, they are loouuuuuud!

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Do you guys wear flight suits on-board the Aircraft or other uniforms?

Not VR aircrew, but every NALO I've ever been on they wear flight suits; although the arguement could be made they'd look a lot more professional in Dress Blues.