• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Anthropometric Thread: Do you fit??

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They may be talking about the seat pads that are actually part of the seat and have become worn and unserviceable over the years, as opposed to people bringing things into the cockpit with them. That is something I've never seen in the Prowler community.

Brett

It might have been both, but the specific thing I saw in the message/email was about bringing your own cushion to the party. Ironically enough, there was a specific mention of T-34s, but they also mentioned other airframes, both helo and Tacair, because of the different reasons (seat stroke/ejection seat/etc). I think you're right, though, the reason people bring cushions is because the stock ones are cheap and wear out.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
How are all of you people so tall? Granted, at 5'4, I'm vertically challenged, and when it comes time to apply, my measurements may very well not check out. But, every time the antrho issue comes up on the board it's from a tall person.

Is this just perception (as in jets make you poo or have baby girls), or is the community just taller on the whole?

MasterBates

Is this just perception (as in jets make you poo or have baby girls), or is the community just taller on the whole?

Nah, its the 60B radar coupled with SPY that makes you have girls.

No Brett, I have not unleashed my spawn upon the world yet...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nah, its the 60B radar coupled with SPY that makes you have girls.

No Brett, I have not unleashed my spawn upon the world yet...

You know what makes all the aviators have girls? A combination of fundamental misunderstanding of electromagnetic energy propagation coupled with ignorance of statistical probability and the inexplicable desire to believe in urban legends. :D

Brett

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
You know what makes all the aviators have girls? A combination of fundamental misunderstanding of electromagnetic energy propagation coupled with ignorance of statistical probability and the inexplicable desire to believe in urban legends. :D

Brett

So true, I was a radiation sponge on a sub for 3 years before I strapped on a flying radio station for another 3 years. Guess what I have? Baby girls x 3!

MasterBates

CO- 5 girls.
XO- 3 girls, 1 boy
DH's- 8 girls, 1 Boy collectivley (born on this or JO tour)
JOs 4 girls, 1 boy born this year so far. The one boy's dad was on a FFG. Rest were CG-DDG guys.

Not science, but a curious anecdote. Note that the plura of anecdote is not data.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Brett

So....you're saying the radar is gonna make me and everyone else have girls, right?

:)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So....you're saying the radar is gonna make me and everyone else have girls, right?

:)

I'm saying that until someone shows me an actual scientific study, I'm raising the BS flag. ;)

Brett

Blaise

Slight derail, hey whats up eddie ^, good luck on the flight physical, just comb your hair up, adds like an inch.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Im 5'11 and 175, think i will have a problem with anything?

Urge to kill .... rising.

OK, I know research is really difficult, but you could at least read the posts in the SAME F&%$^KING THREAD that you are posing in.

Post #46, for example, clearly explains why you will be disqualified for jets if you are over 5'10.

motorhead

anyone have the new link for anthro requirements for specific aircraft? those old links seem to have dried up...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I have met several extraordinarily tall TACAIR guys (including a 6'5" ex-Tomcat RIO).....and I also personally know a guy from my school who was recently NPQ'd for jets because of his size and he is only 6'2". From what I can tell, it is the bulk, and not just the height.....this guy was just really large. Not sure what his sitting height was, but I'm pretty sure (from what I remember anyhow) it wasn't excessive. But trying to fit him into the relatively (laterally) tight confines of a jet cockpit, and you can imagine the problems he would encounter. I would say that if you are a tall skinny guy with a normal sitting height you will more than likely be okay. But then again, what do I know:icon_wink

Long time back when I posted this, but as a correction to myself, this is bad gouge. Said 6'2" guy is now flying Rhinos in the fleet, and there have obviously been plenty of big dudes shoehorned into a T-45 (and larger cockpits). In hindsight I can say never trust middie gouge ;)