• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The College Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm still not a citizen but I've been enrolled in the College Program. My question is, do College Programmers still get to go on summer cruise? Or is their NROTC commitment school year only.

I'm curious since I saw on another topic that NROTC scholarship students get an interim security clearance for summer cruise, and I was wondering if that would be a problem for a non-citizen.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I just graduated out of the college program and there is no cruise until you get advanced standing. I.E. Your 1/c cruise. You also will NOT recieve a stipend until your junior year. Your commitment is 3 years if you go swo. Otherwise, you will have to do 8-10 years for flight and I think about 5 years for Nuke. I am not so sure about the nuke commitment. The hitch to the college program is that you can pretty much get out at any time. You might have to pay back some money but odds are they won't try to enlist you. Hope this helps.

Umm..guys you're confusing me here, but what I'm so brilliantly deducing is that I can got CORTRAMID if I want...but I can't go on an actual cruise, right? Which is fine since I'm a 4/C freshman anyway. I guess I'll just ask my advisor. Thanks anyway guys.

Dickwest83

If you're a College Programmer, they will NOT let you go to CORTRAMID. I was a College Programmer last year, so I have the most recent experience. However, College Programmers with Advanced Standing only go on 1/c Cruise, which is a prerequisite for getting commissioned. Hope this helps.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
You will NOT go on CORTRAMID or any cruise for that matter, until you pick up a sideload scholarship or pick up advanced standing. Reason being, you will not have a security clearance (interim or otherwise) and Mids are exposed to some classified info/tech (ie going on board a nuke sub and having access to the engineering section and some of the ships systems. THERE IS NO CHIT or any way around this. Even if you pick up a scholarship after the first semester, you will still not be able to go on CORTRAMID.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Yup, you just go on your 1/c cruise. That's it. It's not so bad though. You get your summers off. I liked it.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
If you pick up a scholarship, you will go on your 2/c cruise. It's OK. The 1/c cruise is the most fun though. It's where you either do the most stuff or go to the coolest port and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.