• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Basic School Gouge

USMC_fmrNuke

My first post!
So, I finished OCS waaaay back in Aug 2011 and just now getting to The Basic School (Report May 21). I'm hearing all sorts of things about it, (100+ lb. pack ruck marches for 15 miles, 1hr long Endurance course, etc). I grad OCS without much trouble, but I'm trying to find out if anyone here knows what the state of TBS is lately. That is to say, are they looking for any reason they can to kick people out? How hard is it physically compared to OCS? And anyone have recent experience on how long it will be before starting API after TBS grad?

Renegade One

None
My first post!
Good luck in all things. If you're asking these questions HERE…and NOW…well, like I said, good luck!

If the current timing holds, the Blue Angels will be looking for a new USMC Demo Pilot in every even-numbered year from now on. Add that to the equation…and good luck!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My first post!
So, I finished OCS waaaay back in Aug 2011 and just now getting to The Basic School (Report May 21). I'm hearing all sorts of things about it, (100+ lb. pack ruck marches for 15 miles, 1hr long Endurance course, etc). I grad OCS without much trouble, but I'm trying to find out if anyone here knows what the state of TBS is lately. That is to say, are they looking for any reason they can to kick people out? How hard is it physically compared to OCS? And anyone have recent experience on how long it will be before starting API after TBS grad?

hit up MarineOCS.com There is a myriad of info about TBS there from the poor souls who are there now.