• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The 50 Year Wait Is Over .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FREE !!! FREE AT LAST !!! Thank God, Almighty ... it's free at last. .....(appology to MLK)

143882.jpg
B0009ML2KQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Actually ..... it isn't free at all... only free from being locked up in the vault. It will cost you about $14 on Amazon.com. BUT :The long wait; the long dark spell is over --- "The High and the Mighty" is coming out in a 2-DVD set and is available for an August delivery from Amazon. It was tied up in a copyright dispute for decades (read: $$$$) and is only now becoming available to the unwashed, i.e., YOU.

This movie is an aviation classic and was written by Ernie Gann (who used to live just up the Strait) and was first shown @ 1954-55. I saw it at the drive-in when I was @ seven years old and knew from that moment on that I wanted to be a pilot.

The story is dated, the characters are of another age, there's no "special effects", no sexual gynmastics, no gratuitous disembowelments, and the formula is now tried-and-true. But the story relates that there are quiet heroes who walk amongst us and rise to the occasion when the occasion demands it.

"The High and the Mighty" is a classic Aviator's movie and is one of the Duke's best. Enjoy it .....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Dunedan said:
Anyplace to get it besides online?

Probably all the usual suspects after the release (early August). Cheaper right now through Amazon with the pre-release order ..... you DO like Amazons, don't you???

Amazons_03a-Dan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.