• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TH-57 fleet grounding

phrogpilot73

Did a x-country with Trent in advanced - him, me, all our dive gear, and the tiniest little Marine IP we could find all went to Key West.
Jesus, I can only imagine that it probably took you like 4 legs at least to get there with what little fuel you had to have been carrying... Unless you were one of those TH-57s that you'd see bouncing down the runway on a Friday morning trying to get airborne...

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Jesus, I can only imagine that it probably took you like 4 legs at least to get there with what little fuel you had to have been carrying... Unless you were one of those TH-57s that you'd see bouncing down the runway on a Friday morning trying to get airborne...
Yes and yes.:D Best. x-country. ever.

phrogpilot73

Yes and yes.:D Best. x-country. ever.
I bet. Mine wasn't as good - we were supposed to go to San Antonio - then we diverted to Millington after flying into icing, and ended up getting weathered in at Little Rock. Luckily, my buddies parents put us up in their pool house in Little Rock and we spent the time enjoying their hot tub and hospitality. Flying down the river through downtown Little Rock at 200' was pretty cool also...

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HSC-3 had a class A not too long ago -- big cost was the FLIR (the new version -- next generation up from the HH/-60B version). That being said, they will probably find enough damage on the airframe to keep it above the class A floor when the FLIR is finally declared "repairable" through fuzzy math.

Our MMCO saw that aircraft and from what he told me it sounds pretty impossible to imagine how they could skirt this under the rug as anything other than a class A. The story I got made it sound pretty freaking bad.