• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Th-57 cockpit

David0619

Hey guys, I am 6 3 with long long legs and was sitting in a civi bell 206 the other day and noticed it was tight even with pedals all the way out. Does the seat move back or pedals move further out in the 57? Also anyone know the anthro measurements for it?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I saw plenty of very tall guys in helo advanced fly the TH-57. You'll be fine if not a little uncomfortable, but then again, I don't know many who were in love with the comfort of that aircraft.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
russian+mi-26+and+jet+ranger.png

The Clown Copter is too small. I'll take the big lass on the right.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Haha excellent! And I've heard the 60 is plenty roomy, that correct?
Kind of. Plenty of big dudes fly the 60 with varying degrees of comfort. My buddy had super long legs and his knee always ended up in the corner of the instrument panel and the lower console.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I am almost 6'4" and I fit tight in the 57. Because I weighed about 245 at the time there were also instructors I couldn't fly with because the CG was out of limits.

In the 60 the seat does move fore and aft. There's more room than the 57 but you still won't be able to stretch your legs fully out even with the pedals full forward.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've probably told this story before, but...

On my INAV solo cross-country in the HTs, I managed to swing an RON down to KPIE with my RI partner. It was two legs each way so we could get both of our solo flights done. Part of the deal was that we would RON with the Coast Guard down there. When we arrived, they put us on one of their maintenance spots and we left for the night.

The next morning when we came in, they needed to move us over to one of their alert spots, but to get there, we had to wheel our bird through the giant C-130 hangar to the other side. We got a couple of maintainers to help us. As we're pushing our little helo through the hangar, a Chief comes charging out of Mx Control and starts yelling at all of us. "I told you guys to stop playing with your god damn toys in the hangar!"

Everyone started chuckling and we kept pushing.

KiowaDriver

Now a Hooker....
None
Im 6'5". I fit like shit in the Th67, even worse in the 58A/C. The 58D killed me, so I now fly Fox model Chinooks. Its a different world. Hell, the seat even reclines.....

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
Im 6'5". I fit like shit in the Th67, even worse in the 58A/C. The 58D killed me, so I now fly Fox model Chinooks. Its a different world. Hell, the seat even reclines.....

its made by Boeing!!......all seats recline in Boeing Airframes...except the ones with ejection seats......

enjoy.....

rotorhead1871

pilot
thats because the V22 is Bell-Boeing......Bell (H-57) is the prime contractor......the B2 (Northrup-Boeing) seats dont recline either.....dang Northrup......

oh well....what we put up with!!

rotorhead1871

pilot
Umm... B2 seats (except for the toilet) are eject-able.

probably why they dont recline.....that would make for a fun ride up the rail..

But I like the ........ejection seat toilet... Northrup will probably put that in the upgrade.....