• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TH-57 cockpit posters

kejo

pilot
They aren't still giving those away with your initial loadout? Or are you trying to grab one in advance? I'm assuming online searches have been unsuccessful.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
They've got them in the Pubs room with all the other maps, approach plates, etc.

torpedo0126

hmmm thanks. i didnt get one with issue...and no a 2 page google search didn't turn up much. I only put about ten minutes into the search though. Thanks for all the help.

kejo

pilot
hmmm thanks. i didnt get one with issue...and no a 2 page google search didn't turn up much. I only put about ten minutes into the search though. Thanks for all the help.

That sucks...we definitely got one with our pubs issue...if I still had it I'd mail it to you. Maybe the guys who work in the pubs room could point you in the right direction, at least.

Lawman

None
Go and sit in the CPTs. More hands on.

Agreed.... And seriously its not like the thing is that complex. If you can drive a car and use a GPS without 3 months of training your not gonna have any problem with a 206.

slug

Agreed.... And seriously its not like the thing is that complex. If you can drive a car and use a GPS without 3 months of training your not gonna have any problem with a 206.

Well, someone obviously can't remember primary... or maybe you were just that good. Way to bust on a kid trying to collect study material.

"Back in my day, we learned to hover by balancing a ball on top of a stick." --random old pilot.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Go and sit in the CPTs. More hands on.

Ya, but you can't take those home. I used to sit facing the wall and chair-fly checklist (early fams, kinda hard to chair-fly learning to hover) and RI flights (Need the Charlie version for that). CPTs are great if you've got a buddy and want to go through EPs, but that's about it.

Lawman

None
Well, someone obviously can't remember primary... or maybe you were just that good. Way to bust on a kid trying to collect study material.

"Back in my day, we learned to hover by balancing a ball on top of a stick." --random old pilot.

No dude more there are things he could better spend/waste money on. I know the guys at Sportys and Wings need to put their kids through college and all but there are seriously better things he could be spending money on to leg him up in flightschool. Remember your only in the aircraft for half the checkride, and thats if your lucky and the Oral goes fast.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Ya, but you can't take those home. I used to sit facing the wall and chair-fly checklist (early fams, kinda hard to chair-fly learning to hover) and RI flights (Need the Charlie version for that). CPTs are great if you've got a buddy and want to go through EPs, but that's about it.

Yeah, but 1-2hrs in throwing swtiches in the CPT will do a lot more for your muscle memory than will sitting in front of a poster. If the CPTs are all taken, you can also go to the hangar and sit in the helos.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
A quick caveat to Pags' great point: If you do go to the hangar, ask the maintenance guys if you can sit in or open up a particular helo and don't actually throw switches.

I'm also a big fan of muscle memory development in the CPTs. If you don't have to think much about "uh, how do I accomplish this checklist" you can focus more on actually flying.