• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TAD Opportunity @ NAS Oceana

xmid

pilot
Contributor
There are a couple hundred guys working downstairs who would love to get a ride and who also put a lot of sweat and pride into getting those airplanes into the air- including if it's you riding in it.

From what I've seen, this is something we suck at compared to the Air Force or ANG/AFR. It seems like most of their maintainers will get a ride if they don't suck and are around long enough.

bunny_0329

Woppin'
pilot
From what I've seen, this is something we suck at compared to the Air Force or ANG/AFR. It seems like most of their maintainers will get a ride if they don't suck and are around long enough.
Obviously have very little experience here but on my cruise, one of the DHs took myself and 5-6 maintainers up to be left seat, one at a time in Fallon. I loved it of course but to see the guys there getting super pumped made me appreciate the squadron I was with that much more.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Do it. Go. Now. Stash life in a VFA is a great deal, and much better compared to sitting around somewhere else. I stashed at a VFA between primary and Ijet and I had an absolute blast. Even more so its a good eye opening experience into tacair's culture. You'll probably get odd jobs around the squadron, but the dudes will probably spend a lot of time talking to you in the ready room and the spaces about the cool shit you have ahead of you. I walked out of that squadron having met a lot of good dudes who I still keep in touch with, and they still do a good job of mentoring me as well. Anytime I have any questions about flying a jet or the community all of them are still there to give advice. Eyes and ears open, ask intelligent questions, and know your place and it'll be pretty fun time dude. I still consider the time they let me spend with them invaluable. Go. Do it. Now. Summer working around a jet squadron on the beach? Come on man, no brainer.

Last edited:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you have the opportunity to pick up a stash job, go for it. Yes, it’s a roll of the dice, but the odds are good that at the very least you’ll learn something by osmosis. And better to choose one than have one chosen for you.

I talked my way into being stashed at Pensacola SAR while in A-Pool back in their H-3 days. Occasional busywork in exchange for free rides in the Mighty War Winnebago was a fair trade.