• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45A Gouge

I'd have to see that to believe it, that jet didn't slow down at all.

Actually a former LSO did it at the ship and gear finally came down at the in middle position. Talk about pucker factor....it's all about technique...you'll get the gouge later in your fleet tour LOL

You are evaluated for the first 5 to 6 year of your flying carreer. It doesn't even end when in the fleet. Section/Division lead workups, MSN/AC Commander workups...etc etc. Not to mention you are always evaluated for FITREPS. Welcome to Military way of life. Ain't it the best?

One the best and craziest gouge I got from an old department head when I checked in on my nugget cruise was that the smartest you will EVER be on NATOPS/systems (basic aircraft stuff ) is day you finish ground school...especially considering last and only ground school of your fleet aircraft was in the RAG. After that is all tactics and employment. Think about it....and really is true. 1 year in RAG, 3 years in squadron...yikes. Don't fall victim to this...very easy to fall behind.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I am living the dream...and can still say that and mean it. Some kids dream about pitching in the World Series, bottom of the ninth, or playing in the Super Bowl...and I wanted to do this. I can't believe I'm here sometimes. Thanks for the welcome aboard sir. Life is good.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Actually a former LSO did it at the ship and gear finally came down at the in middle position. Talk about pucker factor....it's all about technique...you'll get the gouge later in your fleet tour LOL

Ya, :tapedshut cuz I aint never seen the boat. Our CAG has a rep for crushing guys shooting for the SHB upgrade (so I've heard).

MongoUSMC

pilot
Trying to bring this back to the heart of the post. Like college it's not what you study but how you learn to study... I am by no means a rocket scientist. LOL i dropped outta college the first time and the Marine Corps sent me back. I truly believe the sole purpose of higher education is not soley to be a master of a certain field of study, but to master your own ability to learn. Fast forward the last paragraph that I didn't seperate (for you English major dweebs) and apply that to the demands of aviation, people have different study habits. Doing well with that gets you good grades which opens up your options. Going to jetland doesnt really make you Einstein (although History channel was making him out to be a dumbarse last night *confused*) but it is a sign that you have the aptitude to learn things quickly... Many instructors will tell you that they can teach a monkey to fly... I totally agreed with this and it kept me sane... My only concern was how long they were going to be willing to teach. Lot of rambling but still the same point... Your flight school should be attacked like a post grad school... learn the material definately but pay attention to how you are doing it... that way you have plenty of spare time to BS on airwarriors and play GRAW2 woot! PLUG.

trongod46

pilot
is there a reason why there isnt gouge posted on here for jet school?
are we keeping it off the website? i know plenty of us have it electronic copies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
is there a reason why there isnt gouge posted on here for jet school?
are we keeping it off the website? i know plenty of us have it electronic copies.

It's either in the Jet Advanced forum (just ask to join in your User CP) or it hasn't been posted.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Does anyone have an electronic version of T-45C EP's. I have a month off here in Jax Bch and need some great reading material.

Junior

pilot
Does anyone have an electronic version of T-45C EP's. I have a month off here in Jax Bch and need some great reading material.
I've got the NATOPS on my computer, so you could make some flashcards or something from the immediate actions. PM me your IM and I can send it to you sometime, it's too big to attach to an email.

BrittO

pilot
T-45C EPs were, to me and most others I believe easier to remember than the T-34...the longest and most wordy was OCF which during ACM needed to be known to a point you could recite it very quickly (every brief), perfectly with the IP making faces, noises etc...makes sense, its kind of a big deal.
Going back to an earlier post 420kts at the numbers, seen it and been in the plane while it was done successfully i might add 3000 hours flying might have helped, 500+ midfield i have seen hud footage of..also done well!