• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-2 @ Oshkosh

HuggyU2

None
That's Doc Sugden out of Idaho, I'm guessing.
Big jet-warbird guy.
He flew the world's only FJ-4 Fury at the airshow I helped produce in May. If any of you were at Mutha Hubbard's retirement in 2012 at Lemoore, you would have seen his Fury there.
Pretty amazing collection. He doesn't cut corners, and his jets are very nice.

I missed Oshkosh this year, but I hear three A-4's were there. One was probably his.

He was a former Navy Flight Surgeon and is heavily involved with Navy Legacy and Navy airshows. I'm sure he will be at Lemoore's airshow in September.

HuggyU2

None
Didn’t Bert Zeller own one?
Don't know. I haven't heard that name in a long time.

IIRC, he was doing some T-2 demo stuff a back in the 2007 time-frame, but I haven't heard his name mentioned in a while.
I don't think he's a member of Classic Jet Aircraft Association... which would be odd if he's currently operating a T-2.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn’t Bert Zeller own one?
"Own" or "operate?" No idea what his financial situation is, loaded or otherwise, and it wouldn't be very appropriate to speculate on a public forum one way or the other anyhow. I'm sure he's qualified to fly a T-2 or TA-4 demo, and I'm fairly sure I'd heard his name in conjunction with some effort to restore and fly a TA-4 10 years ago or so. No idea what came of it. But no clue whether or not he'd have the means to be the money man as well as PIC. But if some fat cat or other had the cash, well, you could do worse for a T-2 pilot, I'm sure . . .

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Pretty sure the other T-2 belongs to the Warbird Heritage Foundation out of Waukegan.