• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Systems Question - Resetting Circuit Breakers

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the 60A/L/M the depressurization only occurs with the APU gen as the ONLY source of AC power. Any hydraulic issues under those circumstances are happening on the ground without rotors turning. With the higher electric load of a 60B/R the logic module might be different and provide depressurization with more than the APU gen online. If that's the case, your explanation makes perfect sense.

I've actually always wondered why the current limiters were an issue with the main Gens on because of what you're saying...the main issue is not to blow the APU load when it's the only thing running. You may be on to something with the additional electric load in the B/R as to why that's a concern. I'm sure a Nerd Twirler could explain.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I've actually always wondered why the current limiters were an issue with the main Gens on because of what you're saying...the main issue is not to blow the APU load when it's the only thing running. You may be on to something with the additional electric load in the B/R as to why that's a concern. I'm sure a Nerd Twirler could explain.

I always understood it to be an inrush current issue, not an overall load issue.

Edit: link for the unfamiliar

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks, and that makes sense.

I just still don't understand why it matters with the Mains online. If I click the T/R switch to ON, the pump starts right away and nothing blows. So why is that different when I push the breaker in? Apparently someone says it is different, I just don't have the knowledge as to why.